Diabetes Wellbeing Course (Hillingdon)
Do you worry about your diabetes? Do you ever feel down and feel this affects your diabetes?
If you would like to learn some skills and techniques to help manage your mood and diabetes then this course will be helpful for you.
How the Diabetes Wellbeing Course can help you:
This course can help if you are:
- Finding it difficult to make the changes in your life that are necessary when you have diabetes, such as changes to your diet and exercise routine.
- Finding it hard to accept and adjust to diabetes.
- Looking to meet others with similar struggles to your own.
The course offers you:
- A space to explore how living with diabetes affects you, and how your mood affects your diabetes.
- Ways to learn how your feelings, thoughts and behaviour can influence diabetes management.
- Skills to manage common struggles like worrying about high blood sugars or over eating.
- An increased sense of control over your mood, your daily life and the choices you make helping you to cope better with the long-term management of your physical health.
- The Diabetes Wellbeing Course lasts six weeks and covers a different topic each week:
Week one: An introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and how this approach can help you manage your diabetes
Week two: Helpful and unhelpful behaviours
Week three: Managing stress and worry
Week four: Changing unhelpful thinking
Week five: Sleep and positive psychology
Week six: Maintaining wellbeing
This group runs on Tuesdays, 10am -11.30am at:
38 Riverside Way
Other dates and venues to be confirmed.
For more information, please contact Hillingdon Talking Therapies Service. Speak to your GP or diabetes health professional to be referred. You can refer yourself by contacting the service on:
Tel: 01923 844 667/8