Letter of Competence in Subdermal Contraceptive Implant Techniques (LoC SDI)
The Letter of Competence in Subdermal Contraceptive Implants (LoC SDI) training programme involves an e-learning programme and one-to-one practical training sessions on insertion and removal of subdermal contraceptive implants.
- Doctors with both registration and a licence to practise with the UK GMC or nurses on the UK NMC register (excluding RN Level 2).
- Passed e-knowledge assessment (eKA) or holds current DFSRH, NDFSRH, MFSRH or FFSRH
- Completion of e-SRH Module 17. A certificate of completion must be forwarded to Ceri Gifford, Training Administrator, with the application for training.
- Competent in consultation skills.
- Up-to-date with resuscitation and anaphylaxis including competent to give intramuscular injections.
For more details, see Training requirements for LoC SDI (opens PDF)
If you are not employed by CNWL you must provide additional documentation before you are permitted to see patients within our service. Please contact Ceri Gifford, Training Administrator for more information.
- Three years between eKA pass and LoC application
- Two years between eKA pass and start of model arm/clinical assessments
- Six months between completion of e-SRH Module 17 and start of model arm/clinical assessments
Where an application does not meet these requirements further training will be required prior to certification.
Practical training sessions
LoC SDI training sessions take place at Margaret Pyke Centre (Camden), Archway Centre (Islington), Hillside Primary Care Centre (Brent) and Uxbridge Health Centre (Hillingdon). You will be scheduled to attend three sessions, preferably over three consecutive weeks. We will contact you to plan your training schedule, which you will be asked to approve.
If we need to reschedule your training due to clinic or staffing changes, we will give you as much notice as possible and we will aim to reschedule your sessions at a convenient time.
The fee for the SDI training sessions is £200 which must be paid in full before your training begins. This in addition to the fees payable to the FSRH for the eKA, yearly subscription to the FSRH and registration of the Letter of Competence.
For an application form and payment details please contact Ceri Gifford, Training Administrator.
For more information about SRH training in Camden, Islington, Brent and Hillingdon please contact:
Margaret Pyke Centre
44 Wicklow Street
London WC1X 9HL
Telephone: 020 3317 5471
Fax: 020 7580 7432