News

  • maggie_mustafa_winner_with_graeme_caulimage

    Carelink’s Maggie recognised for Partnership working

    20 April 2017

    Back in January, Maggie Mustafa won our Annual Gem Award for Partnership. Our Annual Gem Awards recognise staff who have shown dedication to our Trust values and who constantly go above and beyond for the people who use their services and for their colleagues. Unfortunately Maggie couldn’t attend the award ceremony but we’ve caught up […]

    Read More
  • jane_mcveyimage

    Workforce Equality is an issue for everyone and is a route to better care

    19 April 2017

    The second NHS Workforce Race Equality Standard has been published today (19 April); the first report was published in April 2015. The report collects data from Trusts for 12 standards to measure equality of opportunity and treatment. Jane McVey, CNWL’s Director of People and Organisational development, said: “Equality for all staff is a top priority […]

    Read More
  • pink2image

    NHS England publish CNWL Individual Placement and Support case study

    13 April 2017

    NHS England have published a case study about CNWL’s Individual Placement and Support service. Below is a summary of the case study: “Gaining employment is vital to supporting individuals in their recovery. Over the past 12 years Central and NW London NHS Foundation Trust has through its Individual Placement and Support model supported over 1,000 […]

    Read More
  • claire-low-resimage

    “Without you we’re nothing” – Claire Murdoch to Trust Therapists

    12 April 2017

    (Claire Murdoch pictured left) Claire Murdoch, CNWL Chief Executive told the Trust’s therapists “without you we are nothing” at the Annual Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) Conference last Tuesday. Therapists across the Trust gathered for the conference, which focused on a range of themes including long term conditions, change innovation and new models of […]

    Read More
  • blue3image

    Statement from CNWL on MIND report

    12 April 2017

    The National Confidential Inquiry into Suicide recommended that a follow up check within seven days after being discharged from hospital, is good practice. We reached the target set by NHS Improvement – 95% – achieving 97%. This is something we put a lot of effort into. The other 3% is because some people are transient […]

    Read More
  • cnwl_086_aquaimage

    Recovery College in the Asian Voice

    12 April 2017

    An article has been published in the Asian Voice about CNWL’s Recovery College. The article talks about the aims and objectives of the Recovery College, specifically, to see if patients could have better health outcomes, if they took greater control over their wellbeing.  A trial was run whereby 23 courses were set up for patients […]

    Read More
  • cnwl-foundation-trust-19th-april-2012-13image

    Easter pharmacy opening times

    11 April 2017

    Pharmacy opening times are going to change over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend, in Milton Keynes and London. To view Easter Holiday pharmacy opening times in London, you will be able to download a London wide spreadsheet by borough to see which pharmacies are open, on the NHS England website. Please take note of pharmacy […]

    Read More
  • pink2image

    Ofsted inspection Harrow notes progress for children who are looked-after

    11 April 2017

    OFSTED rated Children Looked-after services in Harrow  only ‘adequate’ in 2012; the health of looked after children was rated ‘inadequate’. CNWL took responsibility for the service in June 2015 and we have been working in partnership with Harrow Council and Harrow CCG to improve the health outcomes for children looked-after. The recent OFSTED inspection (March […]

    Read More
  • blue3image

    New phone numbers for our services based at Milton Keynes Hospital Campus

    10 April 2017

    From Tuesday 18 April 2017, our services based at Milton Keynes Hospital Campus will have new telephone numbers. This is part of our programme to update our telephones and IT equipment. These numbers will become live during the week from Tuesday 18 April and we will be updating our website pages for these services as […]

    Read More
  • dr-farrukh-alam_-finalimage

    CNWL’s Dr Farrukh Alam in TRT interview on drug dependency

    10 April 2017

    Dr Farrukh Alam, an addictions psychiatrist and Medical Director at CNWL has appeared on Turkish TV in a feature on the growing problem with prescription drug addiction. In the interview with TRT, he discusses the challenges and side effects of withdrawing from the drugs.  Dr Alam gave evidence to a UK parliamentary committee that published […]

    Read More