North Central London Digital Roadmap Published
The North Central London (NCL) Digital Roadmap has been published.
NCL consists of 5 Clinical Commissioning Groups, 5 Local Authorities and 12 acute, community, mental health and specialist providers. Until recently, each organisation has predominantly operated independently with no shared digital strategy.
Although individual organisations have collaborated on digital projects, working collectively across all organisations remains relatively new.
The publication explains how each organisation belonging to the NCL has come together with North East London Commissioning Support Unit to agree on how to implement digital services to manage the health and wellbeing of the NCL population and move from paper-based to digitally enabled care processes within health and care organisations.
Five digital themes underpin the vision and ambition of the collaboration:
- Digitally activated population: Public access to personal health and care information, to enable people to manage their own health and wellbeing.
- Connected care: Create and share care records and plans across the health and care systems seamlessly to enable integrated care delivery across organisations.
- Insights driven health system : Identification of patients who are at a high risk of illness. Monitor the effectiveness of interventions on patients with established disease and deliver whole systems intelligence so the needs of the entire population can be predicted and met.
- Digitally enabled workforce: Enable care professionals to work and communicate effectively.
- Sustainable Care: Improve efficiency and reduce costs by working together to deliver digital services where it benefits the population