Mortimer Market Centre
Capper Street, off Tottenham Court Road
020 3317 5252
The centre is short of staff today ( Monday 1 February) We have had to limit our walk in service to anyone who needs to be seen urgently . Walk in service for PEPSE is available. Appointments for later in the week can be booked on 020 3317 5252. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Mortimer Market Centre, in central London, offers free, confidential, sexual and reproductive health (GUM) services.
Services are provided for both men and women, and include:
- Treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs / STDs)
- Drop in for non symptomatic/non complex patients, as part of our Quick Check service. Please check times below
- Appointments for complex STI conditions
- Information and advice about sexual health
- Hepatitis A, B and C tests for people at risk
- Hepatitis A and B vaccination for people at risk
- Free condoms and lube
- Emergency contraception
- Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEPSE) treatment available within 72 hours of sexual exposure to HIV
- Psychological assessment and counselling for problems related to HIV and sexual health
- Drop in drug and alcohol advice, including chem sex (Monday am with Antidote; Tuesday eve with GRIP)
How can someone be referred?
You do not need a referral from a general practitioner (GP) or healthcare professional to access this service.
Sexual health service for complex problems or symptoms you’re worried about including chlamydia screening. Please call to make an appointment. The service is in the Green Zone located on the ground floor of the Mortimer Market Centre.
Alternatively our Quick Check Clinic located in the Pink Zone on the first floor, can accept walk in non symptomatic patients and booked appointments after 4pm. Please be aware this can get busy at times so there may be a small wait.
If you have an urgent problem please phone the clinic for advice. Please note that not all conditions are considered urgent and so we may not be able to see you on the day. We will however be able to advise you or offer you the next available appointment within 48 hours.
Quick Check STI testing
Our Quick Check is an STI screening service for both male and female patients every day between:
The Quick Check Service is designed to allow both male and female patients who want non complex straight forward STI testing (asymptomatic) to just drop in and be seen or have a booked appointment after 4pm. As the Quick Check service runs mainly on a drop in basis, there may sometimes be a wait to be seen. This usually occurs at busier periods in the day, such as early morning and lunchtime. To avoid drop in sessions closing, please arrive at the clinic by 4pm. If your needs change do let us know so we can change your appointment if need be, as this is a screening only service.
Quick Check STI testing includes:
- Chlamydia and gonorrhoea
- Hepatitis (if indicated)
You will be offered all tests suitable to someone without symptoms.
On arriving all patients will be asked to complete a ‘self assessment form’. This allows us to ensure your eligibility for Quick Check and to ensure the correct care is given to you. Swabs and urine samples will be carried out by patients themselves.
If your results are negative, then a text will be sent to you within 10 days.
Other services we offer
- Are you under 16? - come to our young people's clinic
- Are you a gay or bisexual man - try our services for men who have sex with men (MSM)
- Do you have a learning disability - try our specialist clinic The Bridge Service
- Are you using chems? - try our specialist services for men who have sex with men (MSM)
Bus: 10, 14, 24, 29, 73, 134, 390
Tube: Warren Street (Northern, Victoria lines), Euston Square (Circle, Hammersmith, Metropolitan lines)
Rail: King's Cross St Pancras
Fertility awareness sessions
Learn about fertility and the reproductive cycle, and how to avoid or achieve pregnancy.
Read more about our free fertility awareness sessions
The UK’s best value condoms and lube online
Go to NHS Freedoms Shop