Mortimer Market Centre
Capper Street, off Tottenham Court Road
020 3317 5252
Mortimer Market Centre, in central London, offers free, confidential, sexual and reproductive health (GUM) services.
Services are provided for both men and women, and include:
- Treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs / STDs)
- STI (STD) tests and walk in rapid HIV tests
- Information and advice about sexual health
- Hepatitis A, B and C tests for people at risk
- Hepatitis A and B vaccination for people at risk
- Free condoms and lube
- Emergency contraception
- Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEPSE) treatment available within 72 hours of sexual exposure to HIV
- Psychological assessment and counselling for problems related to HIV and sexual health
- The Bridge Service, helping people with learning disabilities to access sexual health services
How can someone be referred?
You do not need a referral from a general practitioner (GP) or healthcare professional to access this service.
Sexual health service, including chlamydia screening: please call to make an appointment.
Walk-in rapid HIV testing: no need to make an appointment, just walk in, but spaces are limited.
If you have an urgent problem please phone the clinic for advice.
Fast-track STI testing
Our fast-track service does just what it says! Rapid tests for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) mean that you can be out of the clinic in as little as 15 minutes.
The service is for men and women who would like a routine checkup (that is, who do not have any symptoms) and would only like to be tested for STIs. Appointments are available to book at the Archway Centre, Margaret Pyke Centre and Mortimer Market Centre.
A fast-track appointment includes testing for:
- Chlamydia and gonorrhoea
- Hepatitis (if indicated)
You will be offered all tests suitable to someone without symptoms.
After you complete a self-assessment, a healthcare support worker will check and process the following tests: a urine test for men, a self-taken vaginal swab for women, a blood test and an instant HIV-test result. You will not be seen by a doctor or nurse.
If your test results are negative we will send them to you by text message within seven days. If you have an infection or we need to repeat one of your tests or obtain further information from you, we will phone you to arrange for you to return for treatment.
Please use one of our other services if you:
- Are under 16 - come to our young people's clinic, more details below
- Are a gay or bisexual man - try our services for men who have sex with men (MSM)
You may need to wait or be asked to make another appointment to see a nurse or doctor if you:
- Have been in contact with someone who has an infection
- Wish to discuss any worries or concerns about your health
- Require contraception or a pregnancy test
Bus: 10, 14, 24, 29, 73, 134, 390
Tube: Warren Street (Northern, Victoria lines), Euston Square (Circle, Hammersmith, Metropolitan lines)
Rail: King's Cross St Pancras
Fertility awareness sessions
Learn about fertility and the reproductive cycle, and how to avoid or achieve pregnancy.
Read more about our free fertility awareness sessions
The UK’s best value condoms and lube online
Go to NHS Freedoms Shop