Addictions and substance misuse
CNWL is a leading provider of addiction and substance misuse treatment and recovery services based in London. We provide high quality community and inpatient addiction treatment options, including treatment for dependence on alcohol and a range of drugs (heroin, cocaine, stimulants, cannabis, benzodiazepines, 'Club Drugs' etc).
All our services provide evidence-based treatment pathways, based on the latest national guidelines. We are fully registered and compliant with the Care Quality Commission and our staff teams are highly skilled: many are nationally recognised experts in the field of substance misuse and addictions.
Our addiction services are renowned for being high quality, run by highly skilled professionals and for achieving excellent outcomes for our service users. We provide NHS and non-NHS treatment.
The groundbreaking services include the National Problem Gambling Clinic, the Centre for Compulsive and Addictive Behaviour, the Club Drug Clinic, the Max Glatt Inpatient Unit, which provides treatment for drug and alcohol dependency, and the Professor Nutt National Psychopharmacology Clinic, which treats adult ADHD, non-respiratory sleep disorder and 'difficult to diagnose' cases involving brain dysfunction.
The addictions service is led by Dr Karim Dar (Clinical Director) and Annette Dale-Perera (Strategic Director of Addiction and Offender Care), both with reputations as national experts. Annette is currently on the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs and UK Drug Policy Commission. Our other experts include Dr Owen Bowden-Jones, Chair of the Royal College of Psychiatrists Addictions Faculty, and Dr Ryan Kemp, Chair of the British Psychology Society Addictions Faculty.
Where can you find this service?
- ACentre for Compulsive and Addictive BehaviourSoho Centre for Health & Care, 4th Floor, 1 Frith Street , London, W1D 3HZmore service details
- BClub Drug ClinicChelsea and Westminster Hospital, 369 Fulham Road , London, SW10 9NHmore service details
- CGatehouse ClinicLancaster House, Leeland Road, , West Ealing, Greater London, W13 9HHmore service details
- DHammersmith & Fulham Community Drug and Alcohol Service (CDAS)Crowther Market, 282 North End Road, London, SW6 1NHmore service details
- EHillingdon Drug & Alcohol Services (HDAS)Old Bank House, 64 High St, Uxbridge, Greater London, UB8 1JPmore service details
- FKensington & Chelsea Community Assessment and Primary Service (CAPS)69 Warwick Road, Earls Court, London, SW5 9HBmore service details
- GKensington & Chelsea Drug Treatment Centre (DTC)Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, 369 Fulham Road, London, SW10 9NHmore service details
- HKingston Wellbeing ServiceKingston Wellbeing ServiceEwell Road Surbiton , KT6 6EZmore service details
- IMax Glatt UnitSouth Kensington & Chelsea Mental Health Centre, 1 Nightingale Place, London, SW10 9NGmore service details
- JNational Problem Gambling Clinic4th Floor, Soho Centre for Health & Care, 1 Frith Street , London, W1D 3HZmore service details
- KNorth Westminster Drug and Alcohol Service474 Harrow Road, London, W9 3RUmore service details
- LProfessor Nutt National Psychopharmacology Clinic Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, 369 Fulham Road, London, SW10 9NHmore service details
- MThe Junction Drug & Alcohol Service27 Station Road, Harlesden, London, NW10 4UPmore service details