Community drug and alcohol treatment and recovery services
Community drug and alcohol treatment and recovery services provide a range of specialist substance misuse interventions for individuals and families who are affected by the misuse of drugs and/or alcohol. Our outcome data shows people who use our services are more likely to overcome their dependence.
We provide high quality, Care Quality Commission registered substance misuse services in a range of London boroughs to help people overcome their dependence and achieve recovery. Our services are available in:
- Hammersmith & Fulham
- Kensington & Chelsea
Our community drug and alcohol services have highly skilled, multi-disciplinary teams which include consultant addiction psychiatrists; clinical psychologists; nurses; social workers; employment specialist; peer support workers and 'experts by experience' recovery staff. We work in partnership in local systems with local voluntary sector substance misuse services and mutual aid organisations including Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), Narcotics Anonymous (NA) and SMART recovery.
We treat all kinds of substance misuse problems and specialise in providing treatment for those with severe dependency or complex needs. Our services all provide assessment and personalised care planned treatment and recovery packages. We provide:
- Alcohol treatment, including community detoxification and psychosocial support to either control drinking or maintain abstinence
- Heroin treatment (medication assisted recovery on oral or injectable substitute prescribing and recovery support OR detoxification and recovery support)
- Stimulant treatment (crack, cocaine, methamphetamine, etc.)
- Cannabis treatment
- 'Club Drugs' and 'legal highs' treatment
- Blood-borne virus testing and treatment
- Needle exchange schemes
- Carer and family support including couples and family therapy
We also work closely with other professionals, providing:
- A&E and acute hospital liaison (screening, brief interventions, treatment)
- 'Shared care schemes' with local GPs and mental health teams
- Drug testing and treatment in custody suites and probation
- Training in substance misuse, particularly complex needs and 'club drugs'
How to access these services
Referrals to our substance misuse services via: self-referrals for NHS or private patients are welcome; or referral by a health, social care or criminal justice professional (GP, social worker, probation officer) by completing a referral form.
Contact our teams directly using the details below.
Where can you find this service?
- AAddiction, Recovery, Community, Hillingdon Service (Arch)Old Bank House 64 High Street Uxbridge, Greater London, UB8 1JP more service details
- BBarnet Recovery CentreDennis Scott Unit Edgware Community Hospital Edgware HA8 0AD and 42a Hendon Lane Finchley London N3 1TT more service details
- CHackney Recovery ServiceHackney Recovery ServiceUnit 13 Tudor Grove Hackney London E9 8QL and 102 Mare Street London E8 3SGmore service details
- DHammersmith & Fulham Community Drug and Alcohol Service (CDAS)Crowther Market, 282 North End Road, London, SW6 1NHmore service details
- EHarrow Recovery Centre333a Station Road , Harrow, Middlesex , HA1 2AAmore service details
- FKensington & Chelsea Community Assessment and Primary Service (CAPS)69 Warwick Road, Earls Court, London, SW5 9HBmore service details
- GNorth Westminster Drug and Alcohol Service474 Harrow Road, London, W9 3RUmore service details
- HRecovery Day ProgrammeWillesden Centre for Health Harlesden Road, London, NW10 3RYmore service details
- IRecovery Intervention Services -Southall (RISE)3-4 Featherstone Terrace, Southall, Middlesex, UB2 5ALmore service details
- JRecovery Intervention Services Ealing (RISE)99-103 The Broadway, Uxbridge Road , Ealing, Greater London, W13 9BP more service details