Community health services provide treatment and support for people with physical healthcare problems in a community setting.
Core services include community nurses and health visitors. Specialist services also include podiatry, speech and language therapy, school nursing, and health promotion.
Services treat people in their own homes, or close to home, where they will be more comfortable and can continue to live independently. We aim, where possible, to avoid admission into hospital and enable quicker recovery periods.
The range of community health services we provide includes:
- Community independence service
- Chronic fatigue service
- Community health services for children and families
- Community dental services
- Community nursing services
- Disability support services
- Foot care (podiatry) services
- Neurological & community rehabilitation, and falls prevention services
- Palliative care services