Community recovery teams
Community recovery teams (previously known as community mental health teams) bring together a range of health care professionals who each have specialist skills who work with people living in the community who have complex and severe mental health problems.
There is a range of professions within the integrated health and social care recovery teams, including psychiatrists, community psychiatric nurses (CPN), social workers and Approved Mental Health Professionals (AMHPs), psychologists, occupational therapists and pharmacists. Other members of the team include the team manager and administrators.
Other staff such as peer support workers, mental health support workers, benefits workers, employment specialists, arts therapists and psychotherapists also work as part of the team.
The aims of this service include:
- Assessing, treating and reviewing symptoms
- Taking optimistic views about recovery-focused interventions
- Providing a wide range of psycho-social interventions and support
- Providing support and intervention for family and carers
- Assessing social care needs and providing social care services through personalised budgets
- Working in partnership with a range of statutory and non-statutory services
All the team members understand the distress that goes with mental illness. They can all offer psychological support, encouragement and practical help to service users and their families/carers.
Each team will have a base where they can see people. They will also work in a whole range of other places: GP surgeries, day centres, hostels and people's own homes, for example.
How to access these services
Referrals can be made by other mental health professionals and directly by GPs if you have previously been known to the team.
Where can you find this service?
- ABrent Community Recovery Team15 Brondesbury Road , London, NW6 6BXmore service details
- BHarrow Community Recovery TeamAtkins House, 19 Marshall Close, Harrow, Greater London, HA1 4DHmore service details
- CHillingdon Community Recovery TeamMead House, Hayes End Road, Hillingdon, Greater London, UB4 8EWmore service details
- DNorth Kensington & Chelsea Community Recovery TeamPall Mall Centre, 151 Barlby Road, London , W10 6BSmore service details
- ENorth Westminster Community Recovery Team7A Woodfield Road, London, W9 3XZmore service details
- FSouth Kensington & Chelsea Community Recovery TeamChelsea Chambers, 262a Fulham Road, London, SW10 9ELmore service details
- GSouth Westminster Community Recovery Team190 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London, SW1V 1DXmore service details