The CNWL Learning Disabilities Service specialises in assessing and treating people with learning disabilities, who have mental health issues and/or challenging behaviour.
We offer services to people with learning disabilities and mental health needs who require specialist assessment and treatment. We are committed to promoting wellbeing and supporting service users, families and carers. To ensure that each service user receives the care, treatment and transition programme that is best suited to them, we have close interaction based on person-centred planning with services users across our multidisciplinary teams. Our main focus is on a model of positive behaviour, support and recovery.
We deliver a range of community and inpatient assessment, treatment and recovery services for people with a learning disability in the London area and also accept national referrals to our inpatient facilities.
The people we care for:
- Are aged 18 years and over (16 years and over in exceptional circumstances).
- Have learning disabilities, mental health issues and/or behaviour management requirements.
- Male and female (single-sex accommodation is available).
- Live in the community or are admitted to hospital informally or detained for assessment or treatment under the Mental Health Act.
- In addition, some people may be transferred from prison, or the courts may order a period in hospital.
We support a range of individuals with learning disabilities who may also have:
- mental health diagnoses
- behavioural difficulties
- Autism Diagnostic Service (for people who do not have a learning disability)
- Community learning disability services
- Court diversion and vulnerable offender services
- Inpatient learning disability assessment & treatment services
- Psychosexual assessment service
- Recovery service
Where can you find this service?
- AAutism Diagnostic TeamThe Kingswood Centre, 134 Honeypot Lane, Kingsbury, London, NW9 9QYmore service details
- BBrent & Harrow Community Health Team (Learning Disabilities)The Kingswood Centre, 134 Honeypot Lane, Kingsbury, London, NW9 9QYmore service details
- CHillingdon Community Learning Disability Health TeamHillingdon Civic Centre 3W/01 High Street , Uxbridge , Middlesex, UB8 1UWmore service details
- DJubilee House: Learning Disability Recovery ServiceThe Kingswood Centre134 Honeypot Lane, Kingsbury, NW9 9QYmore service details
- EKensington & Chelsea Learning Disability Service1-9 St Marks Road, Kensington and Chelsea, London, W11 1RGmore service details
- FLisson Grove215 Lisson Grove, Westminster, London, NW8 8LWmore service details
- GMedico-Legal/Vulnerable Offender ServicesThe Kingswood Centre, 134 Honeypot Lane, Kingsbury, London, NW9 9QYmore service details
- HRiverside CentreHillingdon Hospital, Pield Heath Road, Uxbridge, Greater London, UB8 3NNmore service details
- ISt Andrew's HouseSt Andrew's Court, 1-4 River Front, Enfield, Greater London, EN1 3SYmore service details
- JThe Kingswood CentreThe Kingswood Centre, 134 Honeypot Lane, Kingsbury, London, NW9 9QYmore service details
- KThe Seacole CentreThe Seacole Centre, Chase Farm Hospital SiteThe Ridgeway, Enfield, Middlesex EN2 8JL more service details