Inpatient mental health wards
Inpatient mental health wards provide a safe and therapeutic environment for people with acute mental health problems.
CNWL has a number of inpatient mental health wards at locations across five London boroughs. We are committed to providing a local bed for those who need it.
All our wards have same-sex accommodation, as well as same-sex living areas and garden space. Intensive treatment is provided on inpatient wards and recovery is promoted from the very beginning of admission. The wards have a weekly programme of activities which can include therapies such as arts, cooking, exercise classes and group meetings.
Wards are staffed by nurses, psychiatrists, therapists, pharmacists, junior medical staff, healthcare assistants and activity coordinators.
Eligibility criteria and referrals
Eligibility criteria and referrals vary according to location. For details, choose a service from the list below the map.
Where can you find this service?
- AThe Campbell Centre: Hazel Ward, Willow WardCNWL, Milton Keynes Community Health Services, Campbell Centre, Hospital Campus, Standing Way, Eaglestone, Milton Keynes, MK6 5NGmore service details
- BGordon Hospital: Vincent Ward, Ebury Ward, Gerrard WardGordon Hospital, Bloomburg Street, London, SW1V 2RHmore service details
- CRiverside Centre: Frays Ward, Crane WardRiverside Centre, Pield Heath Road, Hillingdon, Greater London, UB8 3NNmore service details
- DNorthwick Park Mental Health Unit: Ferneley Ward, Eastlake WardNorthwick Park Hospital, Mental Health Unit, Watford Road, Harrow, London, HA1 3UJmore service details
- ESt Charles Hospital: Amazon Ward, Danube Ward, Ganges Ward, Thames WardSt Charles Hospital, Mental Health Unit, Exmoor Street, Kensington and Chelsea, London, W10 6DZmore service details
- FPark Royal Mental Health Centre: Pond Ward, Pine Ward, Shore WardPark Royal Mental Health Centre, Central Way, off Acton Lane, London, NW10 7NSmore service details