Children's community services
Community child and adolescent mental health services work with children and young people up to the age of 18 and their families.
We work with children, young people and their families with complex mental health difficulties, in a range of different ways depending on their needs.
The type of difficulties dealt with by the teams may include:
- Complex emotional and behavioural problems
- Anxiety and depression and very rarely serious mental illness such as psychosis and eating disorders
- Family relationship issues and parenting
- Hyperactivity or poor concentration (ADHD, ASD)
- Challenging behaviour
- Eating, sleeping or toileting problems
- School refusal
- Children with mental health needs related to learning difficulties, physical illness or disability
Our psychologists, psychiatrists, and therapists provide assessment and treatment packages for children and young people and their families. Treatment may include cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), family therapy, play therapy, individual and group psychotherapy. Medication is also used when appropriate and carefully monitored by the doctors.
We provide consultation to other professionals, such as teachers, youth workers, social workers and other health professionals.
We work within schools and offer teachers support and training on spotting and dealing with mental health difficulties in children and young people.
We involve children and young people in the development of our services. They get involved with consultations, training, recruitment and undertake a variety of projects to ensure their voice is heard throughout the service.
Eligibility criteria and referrals
Referrals are accepted primarily from health services such as GPs and paediatrics. Some services also accept referrals from education or social services. Self-referrals are also considered by each team.
Where can you find this service?
- ANorth Kensington Parental Mental Health ServicePall Mall CentreParkside Clinic 63 — 65 Lancaster Road, London, W11 1QGmore service details
- BTri-borough Multisystemic Therapy ServiceMalton Road Hub, 1st Floor 2-4 Malton Road , Kensington & Chelsea and Westminster, London , W10 5UPmore service details
- CMilton Keynes CAMHSEaglestone Health Centre, Standing Way, Milton Keynes, MK6 5AZmore service details
- DBehaviour and Family Support Team (BFST)2nd Floor Green Zone The Freemans Suite Kensington Town Hall Horton Street, Kensington & Chelsea, London, W8 7NXmore service details
- EHillingdon CAMHS1 Redford Way, Uxbridge, Greater London, UB8 1SZmore service details
- FBell House145 High Road, Willesden, NW10 2SJmore service details
- GBrent Child and Family ClinicWarranty House, Dudden Hill Lane, Brent, London, NW10 1DDmore service details
- HCheyne Child Development CentreChelsea & Westminster Hospital, 369 Fulham Road, London, SW10 9NHmore service details
- IKensington and Chelsea CAMHSKensington and Chelsea CAMHS Service 63-65 Lancaster Road, London, W11 1QGmore service details
- JHarrow CAMHS322 - 326 Northolt Road, South Harrow, Middlesex, HA2 8EQmore service details
- KWestminster CAMHS7a Woodfield Road, London, W9 2NWmore service details
- LBrent Adolescent TeamWarranty House, Dudden Hill Lane, London, NW10 1DDmore service details
- MKensington & Chelsea Child and Adolescent ServiceChelsea & Westminster Hospital, 369 Fulham Road, London, SW10 9NHmore service details
CAMHS & Me is a website full of info about our mental health services for children, young people and their families
Go to CAMHS & Me