Children's eating disorder services
Our Community Eating Disorders Service for Children and Young People offers help and support to children and young people aged 17 or under who have a suspected or confirmed eating disorder diagnosis.
This can include:
- Anorexia nervosa
- Bulimia nervosa
- Binge eating disorder
- Atypical anorectic and bulimic eating disorder.
What do we offer?
Our team of psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, a dietician, paediatrician and psychological therapists offer:
- Assessment, diagnosis and intervention on a range of suspected and confirmed eating disorders
- Intensive home-based treatment for children and young people whose eating disorder is causing significant concern
- A comprehensive transition support package to young people who are approaching their 18th birthday and may need continuing support as adults
- An intensive eating disorder service to support children and young people who are at risk of an inpatient admission
- Out-of-hours access to emergency support via the CAMHS out-of-hours service.
We also offer training, consultation, support and advice for frontline staff working in other CAMHS services for children and young people in special circumstances including:
- Children services
- Child health
- Paediatric services
- Adult mental health services
- Out-of-hours services.
To find out more about training and support, please contact us on 020 3315 3369.
We accept referrals from GPs, other healthcare professionals, schools and colleges. We also accept self-referrals from young people or parents and carers.
Read more about the service and how to refer (opens webpage)
Where can you find this service?
- ACommunity Eating Disorders Service for Children and Young PeopleSouth Kensington and Chelsea Mental Health Centre
1 Nightingale Place, London, SW10 9NGmore service details
CAMHS & Me is a website full of info about our mental health services for children, young people and their families
Go to CAMHS & Me