Community outreach services support service users who experience symptoms of psychosis and who find it difficult to engage with services.
Service users that are referred to these services will usually have had a history of admissions to hospital, possibly detained under the Mental Health Act and often encountered problems with medication treatments. They may also have been involved with the criminal justice system or have complex difficulties.
The aims of this service are:
- To work creatively to improve engagement.
- To reduce relapse by working collaboratively with service users to provide service-user-focused packages of care.
- To reduce likelihood and duration of admission to hospital.
- To improve social functioning.
- To promote stability in the lives of service users and their families.
- To work in an integrated manner with other statutory and non-statutory local services.
Eligibility criteria and referrals
Eligibility criteria and referrals vary according to location. For details, choose a service from the list below the map.
Where can you find this service?
- ABrent Assertive Outreach Team13-15 Brondesbury Road, Kilburn, London, NW6 6BXmore service details
- BHarrow Assertive Outreach TeamBentley House, 15-21 Headstone Drive, Harrow, Greater London, HA3 5QXmore service details
- CJoint Homelessness Team190 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London, SW1V 1DXmore service details
- DMilton Keynes Assertive Outreach TeamWestcroft Health Centre1 Savill Lane, Westcroft, Milton Keynes, MK4 4ENmore service details
- EWestminster Community Outreach Team (CORT)7A Woodfield Road, London, W9 3XZmore service details