Community mental health services for older people
Community services for older people provide assessment, care planning and treatment for people who have dementia or other mental health problems that are usually associated with older age.
Some people will have short-term mental health issues and after a period of weeks or months they can be referred back to their GP when their condition has improved. A small minority, however, may need specialist care and will remain with the team for a longer period for ongoing treatment, care and monitoring.
Eligibility criteria and referrals
Eligibility criteria and referrals vary according to location. For details, choose a service from the list below the map.
Where can you find this service?
- ABrent Older People Community Mental Health TeamFairfields House, Roe Green, Kingsbury, London, NW9 0PSmore service details
- BHarrow Older People Community Mental Health TeamFairfields House, Roe Green, Kingsbury, London, NW9 0PSmore service details
- CHillingdon Older People Community Mental Health TeamWoodland Centre, Hillingdon Hospital, Pield Heath Road, Uxbridge, Greater London, UB8 3NNmore service details
- DKensington & Chelsea Older People Community Mental Health TeamSt Charles Hospital, Nightingale Centre, Exmoor Street, North Kensington, London, W10 6DZmore service details
- EMilton Keynes Community Dementia TeamCivic Offices1 Saxon Gate East, Milton Keynes, MK9 3EJmore service details
- FWestminster Older People Community Mental Health Team190 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London, SW1V 1DXmore service details