Older people inpatient mental health wards
These services provide a multidisciplinary assessment and treatment package involving the patient, relatives and carers from admission through to discharge. The care will take into account the needs of the patient as well as the relative and/or carer and will ensure that discharge planning reflects the needs of both.
The wards are staffed by a range of specialist clinicians, who are involved in assessment planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care. They are supported by psychologists, occupational therapists and, when required, physiotherapists.
Nursing staff are available 24 hours a day to provide support and advice to patients and their carers. There is a varied programme of individual and group therapies and activities running throughout the week.
How to access these services:
People are referred to inpatient services by:
- Community-based services, for example, Community Mental Health Teams (CMHTs)
- Psychiatric liaison services in acute hospitals - either A&E or wards
- Other inpatient units for older people
- Other inpatient units for adults
Where can you find this service?
- ACedar Ward, Oak Tree WardWoodland Centre, Hillingdon Hospital
Pield Heath Road, Uxbridge, Hillingdon UB8 3NNmore service details
- BEllington Ward
Northwick Park Hospital, T Block, Watford Road (temporary address), Harrow, Greater London, HA1 3UJ more service details
- CKershaw Ward, Redwood Ward: St Charles Hospital
St Charles Hospital, Nightingale Centre, Exmoor Street, London, W10 6DZmore service details
- DMary Seacole Ward: Northwick Park Hospital
Northwick Park Hospital, T Block, Watford Road (temporary address), Harrow, HA1 3UJ more service details
- ETOPAS: The Older Person’s Assessment ServiceWaterhall Centre
Fern Grove, Milton Keynes, MK2 3QHmore service details