Older people inpatient mental health wards
These services provide a multidisciplinary assessment and treatment package involving the patient, relatives and carers from admission through to discharge. The care will take into account the needs of the patient as well as the relative and/or carer and will ensure that discharge planning reflects the needs of both.
The wards are staffed by a range of specialist clinicians, who are involved in assessment planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care. They are supported by psychologists, occupational therapists and, when required, physiotherapists.
Nursing staff are available 24 hours a day to provide support and advice to patients and their carers. There is a varied programme of individual and group therapies and activities running throughout the week.
How to access these services:
People are referred to inpatient services by:
- Community-based services, for example, Community Mental Health Teams (CMHTs)
- Psychiatric liaison services in acute hospitals - either A&E or wards
- Other inpatient units for older people
- Other inpatient units for adults
Where can you find this service?
- ANorthwick Park Hospital: Ellington WardNorthwick Park Hospital, T Block, Watford Road (temporary address), Harrow, Greater London, HA1 3UJ more service details
- BNorthwick Park Hospital: Mary Seacole WardNorthwick Park Hospital, T Block, Watford Road (temporary address), Harrow, HA1 3UJ more service details
- CSt Charles Hospital: Kershaw Ward, Redwood WardSt Charles Hospital, Nightingale Centre, Exmoor Street, London, W10 6DZmore service details
- DTOPAS: The Older Person’s Assessment ServiceWaterhall Centre, Fern Grove, Milton Keynes, MK2 3QHmore service details
- EWoodlands Centre: Cedar Ward, Oak Tree WardWoodland Centre, Hillingdon Hospital, Pield Heath Road, Uxbridge, Hillingdon, UB8 3NNmore service details