Community offender health services
Community offender health services help to meet the gap between community mental health services and the criminal justice system.
Service users can have a history of offending, or potential to commit a serious offence, as well as mental health issues.
These specialist services are essential to meet the specific needs of this unique client group in order to improve wellbeing, reduce the likelihood of reoffending in future and to promote social inclusion.
These dedicated teams are able to provide specialist interventions such as individual and group work, assistance in reduction of risk and symptoms management. They tend to be staffed by forensic psychiatrists, speciality doctors, psychologists, community psychiatric nurses, social workers and support workers. Teams also have access to employment specialists to help service users access employment and training opportunities.
Where can you find this service?
- AHendon Health Assessment, Liaison and Diversion Service (HAALD)Hendon Magistrates Court, The Hyde, Hendon, London , NW9 7BYmore service details
- BWestminster Police Liaison and Diversion Service3rd Floor, Latimer House, 40-48 Hanson Street , London, W1W 6UL more service details
- CHammersmith Magistrates' Court: Liaison and Diversion ServiceHammersmith Magistrates' Court, 181 Talgarth Road, London, W6 8DNmore service details
- DWestminster Forensic Community Service (FoCuS)Pall Mall Centre, 150 Barlby Road, London, W10 6BSmore service details
- ECentral Criminal Court: Liaison and Diversion ServiceOld Bailey, Central Criminal Court, 15 Old Bailey, London, EC4M 7EHmore service details
- FHillingdon Health Assessment, Advice, Liaison and Diversion (HAALD) ServiceThe Court House, Harefield Road, Uxbridge, Greater London, UB8 1PQmore service details
- GKensington & Chelsea Forensic Community Service (FoCuS)Pall Mall Centre, 150 Barlby Road, London, W10 6BSmore service details
- HHarrow Forensic Community Service (FoCuS)Atkins House, 19 Marshall Close, Harrow, Greater London, HA1 4DHmore service details