Inpatient secure services
These services provide specialist assessment, treatment and care to people who have or may have severe mental illness and complex needs and require an environment with enhanced security and safety. This may mean they need to be detained under the Mental Health Act in secure unit or a psychiatric unit.
The aim of forensic mental health services is one of care and treatment. All our inpatient forensic facilities are low secure, which are usually for patients who display particularly challenging behaviour and who may have complex needs that cannot be effectively managed in mental health services.
Patients who are admitted are expected to fully participate in their comprehensive and detailed treatment programme with a goal of planned rehabilitation and resettlement in the community.
Treatments and therapies include:
- Treatment of offending behaviour
- Socialisation and rehabilitation into the community
- Arts Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Daily living skills
Where can you find this service?
- AJava House Forensic Step-down Rehabilitation UnitPark Royal Mental Health Centre, Central Way, off Acton Lane, London, NW10 7NS more service details
- BPark Royal Mental Health Centre: Tasman Ward Low Secure UnitPark Royal Mental Health Centre, Central Way, off Acton Lane, London, NW10 7NSmore service details