Adult prisons and immigration removal centre services
Our teams include nurses and doctors, opticians, dentists, pharmacists, mental health teams and substance misuse experts. All health treatment is free, including dental treatment and seeing an optician - as long as it's for medical reasons and approved by a doctor.
When a prisoner first arrives at prison they are asked about their health - both physical and mental. They have the chance to let the healthcare team know right away what support they need, if any.
The prisoner will then have a more general check up, normally within a week of arriving in prison.
Prisoners can also get special help and support if they:
- Have drug or alcohol problems
- Have HIV or AIDS
- Have a mental health condition
- Are disabled or have a learning difficulty
Where can you find this service?
- AAll healthcare servicesHMP & YOI Holloway, HMP Winchester and Medway Secure Training Centremore service details
- BHarmondsworth Immigration Removal CentreColnbrook Bypass, Harmondsworth, West Drayton, Middlesex, UB7 0HB more service details
- CHaslar Immigration Removal Centre (All healthcare)Haslar Immigration Removal Centre, 2 Dolphin Way, Gosport, Hampshire , PO12 2AWmore service details
- DHMP & YOI Bronzefield (Mental Health In-reach Service)HMP & YOI Bronzefield, Woodthorpe Road,, Ashford, Greater London, TW15 3JZ more service details
- EHMP Coldingley (Mental Health Service)Shaftesbury Road Bisley Woking Surrey , GU24 9EXmore service details
- FHMP High Down (Mental Health Service)High Down Lane Sutton Surrey , SM2 5PJmore service details
- GHMP Send (Mental Health Service)Ripley Road Woking Surrey , GU23 7LJmore service details
- HHMP Woodhill (Primary Care and Mental Health Service)HMP Woodhill, Tattenhoe Street, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK4 4DA more service details
- IHMP Wormwood Scrubs (Integrated Substance Misuse Service)HMP Wormwood Scrubs, Du Cane Road, London, W12 0AEmore service details
- JHMP/YOI Downview (Mental Health Service)Sutton Lane Sutton Surrey , SM2 5PDmore service details
- KHMYOI Cookham Wood (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service)Sir Evelyn Road, , Rochester, Kent, ME1 3LUmore service details
- LIRC Heathrow (Colnbrook and Harmondsworth) All healthcareColnbrook Bypass Harmondsworth , West Drayton, Middlesex,, UB7 0FXmore service details