Prison and immigration removal centre services
All prisons have healthcare teams. We manage these teams in prisons across London, Surrey, Kent, Hampshire and Buckinghamshire.
The teams include nurses and doctors, opticians, dentists, pharmacists, mental health teams and substance misuse experts. All health treatment is free, including dental treatment and seeing an optician - as long as it's for medical reasons and approved by a doctor.
When a prisoner first arrives at prison they are asked about their health - both physical and mental. They have the chance to let the healthcare team know right away what support they need, if any.
The prisoner will then have a more general check up, normally within a week of arriving in prison.
Prisoners can also get special help and support if they:
- Have drug or alcohol problems
- Have HIV or AIDS
- Have a mental health condition
- Are disabled or have a learning difficulty
Where can you find this service?
- AColnbrook Immigration Removal CentreColnbrook Bypass, Harmondsworth, West Drayton, Middlesex, UB7 0FX more service details
- BDover Immigration Removal Centre (Clinical Substance Misuse Service)Dover Immigration Removal Centre, The Citadel, Western Heights,, Dover, Kent, CT17 9DRmore service details
- CHarmondsworth Immigration Removal CentreColnbrook Bypass, Harmondsworth, West Drayton, Middlesex, UB7 0HB more service details
- DHaslar Immigration Removal Centre (All healthcare)Haslar Immigration Removal Centre, 2 Dolphin Way, Gosport, Hampshire , PO12 2AWmore service details
- EHMP & YOI Bronzefield (Mental Health In-reach Service)HMP & YOI Bronzefield, Woodthorpe Road,, Ashford, Greater London, TW15 3JZ more service details
- FHMP & YOI East Sutton Park (Clinical Substance Misuse Service)HMP & YOI East Sutton Park, Sutton Valence,, Maidstone, Kent, ME17 3DFmore service details
- GHMP & YOI Holloway (Mental Health, Primary Care and Clinical Substance Misuse)HMP & YOI Holloway, Parkhurst Road, London, N7 0NUmore service details
- HHMP & YOI Rochester (Clinical Substance Misuse Service)HMP & YOI Rochester1 Fort Road, Rochester, Kent ME1 3QSmore service details
- IHMP Blantyre House (Clinical Substance Misuse Service)HMP Blantyre House, Horden, Kent, TN17 2NHmore service details
- JHMP Elmley (Clinical Substance Misuse Service)HMP Elmley, Church Road, Eastchurch, Kent, ME12 4DZmore service details
- KHMP Maidstone (Clinical Substance Misuse Service)HMP Maidstone, 36 County Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1UZmore service details
- LHMP Standford Hill (Clinical Substance Misuse Service)HMP Standford Hill, Church Road, Sheerness, Kent, ME12 4AAmore service details
- MHMP Swaleside (Clinical Substance Misuse Service)HMP Swaleside, Brabazon Road, Isle of Sheppey, Kent, ME12 4AXmore service details
- NHMP Winchester (Primary Care and Integrated Substance Misuse Service)HMP Winchester Primary Care Services Romsey Road, Winchester , Hampshire, SO22 5DFmore service details
- OHMP Woodhill (Primary Care and Mental Health Service)HMP Woodhill, Tattenhoe Street, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK4 4DA more service details
- PHMP Wormwood Scrubs (Integrated Substance Misuse Service)HMP Wormwood Scrubs, Du Cane Road, London, W12 0AEmore service details
- QHMYOI Cookham Wood (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service)Sir Evelyn Road, , Rochester, Kent, ME1 3LUmore service details