STI and HIV testing
Our sexual health (GUM) clinics in central and north London offer testing and treatment of all sexually transmitted infections (STIs / STDs), including HIV tests.
The services offered at our clinics include:
- Testing and treatment for STIS (STDS)
- Walk-in rapid HIV testing
- Information and advice on sexual health issues
- Hepatitis A, B and C testing for people at risk
- Hepatitis A and B vaccinations for people at risk
- Free condoms and lube
- Emergency contraception
- Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEPSE) within 72 hours of sexual exposure to HIV
- Referral to clinical psychology for sexual health issues
- Young persons' clinic
- Sexual health screening for people with learning disabilities (The Bridge Service, available at both Archway Centre and Mortimer Market Centre)
Eligibility criteria (who is the service for?)
The service is open to everyone.
How can someone be referred?
Clinics are open-access, which means that you do not need a referral from a general practitioner (GP) or other healthcare professional.
For an STI test, telephone us to make an appointment. There is no need to make an appointment for a rapid HIV test, PEPSE, emergency contraception or to attend the young persons’ clinic, just walk in.
If you need urgent help, telephone us on 020 3317 5252 and a healthcare professional will return your call.
Can I use Choose and Book to arrange my first outpatient appointment?
Choose and Book is not applicable to this service.
Where can you find this service?
- AArchway Centre for Sexual Health and Contraceptive Care681-689 Holloway Road, Archway, London, N19 5SEmore service details
- BMargaret Pyke Centre, King's Cross44 Wicklow Street, London, WC1X 9HLmore service details
- CMortimer Market CentreCapper Street, off Tottenham Court Road, London, WC1E 6JBmore service details
- DThe Bridge Service for People with Learning Disabilities(Available at Mortimer Market Centre and Archway Centre)more service details
The UK’s best value condoms and lube online
Go to NHS Freedoms Shop