We are always looking for ways to invest in and support our staff. There are a plethora of great benefits staff can make use of. These include.
Your entitlement to annual leave is linked to your entire service at anywhere and at any level of the NHS, not just at CNWL.
If you are new to the NHS, you will receive 27 days annual leave per year. This will increase to 29 days after 5 years of service and to 33 days after 10 years of service.
We have people within our organisation who have spent over 40 years with us and so we completely understand that there will be instances throughout your time at the NHS where you will need to adopt a flexible working practice. To support this, we offer a range of solutions, which enable you to adapt whilst retaining skills.
Exclusive staff offers
As an NHS employee, you have the opportunity to make use of numerous discounts, perks and cashback offers:
- Health Service Discounts – The largest NHS employee benefit provider with savings on internet, insurance and more. Free to join http://www.healthservicediscounts.com/
- Blue Light Card – Over 150 internet discounts, 300 cash back offers and 60 high street discounts; costs £4.99 for a 5-year membership for the High street card. https://www.bluelightcard.co.uk/
- NHS Discount Offers – A range of discount offers for all NHS staff http://www.nhsdiscountoffers.co.uk/
- NHS Staff Benefits – Find your perfect offer with amazing deals for NHS staff http://www.nhsstaffbenefits.co.uk/
- Kids Pass - Receive discounts on a wide range of UK attractions including theme parks, cinemas and kids-eat-free scheme at thousands of restaurants.
This is a salary sacrifice scheme operated by a company called Kids Unlimited that enables staff to purchase vouchers to pay for nursery or other registered childcare provision and to benefit from a saving in tax and national insurance contributions.
Attractive pension scheme
Did you know, the Trust pays 14% of your salary into a pension fund? When you retire, you don’t only receive a handsome, tax-free lump sum but also:
- Family benefits for dependents
- Ill health retirement benefits
- Life assurance cover of twice your annual pay
All pension benefits are based on salary and length of membership of the scheme. Find out more about the NHS pension
Annual Gem Awards
We have our very own Oscars ceremony! Through Trust-wide awards, we recognise and celebrate excellence undertaken within services. This is your chance to be recognised amongst your peers and feel a sense of satisfaction and appreciation that your hard work has not gone unnoticed.
Stay fit and protect your health and wellbeing at work
If you're an employee our Occupational Health Service can help you to:
- Stay fit and protect your health at work
- Handle illness or disability with minimum effects on your health and performance at work
Through Occupational Health, all CNWL staff have access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) run by People at Work. The team work closely with our Occupational Health Team to help you with any personal problems that you may not want to talk about.
This is a free, confidential service and includes:
- Emotional support
- Coping with stress and depression
- Citizens advice
- Financial and debt planning
- Careers coaching
- Planning for retirement
As part of the EAP, you will also have access to face-to-face counseling. This is also completely confidential and offered by People at Work counselors who are experienced and accredited with the appropriate bodies.
Access to a range of courses at CNWL’s Recovery and Wellbeing College
We facilitate your learning and development by giving you an opportunity to access a wide range of courses through the CNWL Recovery and Wellbeing College, launched in April 2012.
It builds on the national drive to create a society where people with mental health difficulties have access to the same opportunities in life as everyone else.
Staff at CNWL is welcome to attend any of the courses offered through the college. The courses are designed to:
- Help people develop their skills and understanding
- Help people identify personal goals and ambitions
- Create a fun, positive and safe environment for learning and exploring recovery
- Give people the confidence and support to access opportunities and resources available to them
Interest Free season ticket loans
All staff are entitled to apply for an annual interest free standard season ticket loan if their contract of employment or external funding is for a period which exceeds the expiry date of the ticket (i.e. a minimum of twelve months) and their net monthly pay is sufficient to cover the deduction of the loan.
Season ticket loans will be paid through the monthly payroll. Once the Season Ticket Loan is made, it will be deducted in 10 equal installments commencing in the month in which the loan is issued.
To further accommodate for your changing working needs, we offer support for staff relocating and changing residence to work with or within CNWL.
Expenses will be paid at the Trust’s discretion following an assessment using a pre-determined process where the Trust has to draw applicants from outside its current geography to enable us to continue to provide excellent services. We
CNWL does not offer any staff accommodation due to our vast location of services. However, there are NHS specific services such as A2Dominion and Doctor in the House that can help you find housing near your place of work. We also have agreement with external agencies who agree to waive set-up administration fees.
Cycle to Work
The Trust has linked up with a cycle to work scheme which allows staff to purchase bikes and accessories through their salary which paying reduced tax and NI contributions. There are also at some sites safe cycle storage places.
Access to the Gym in the Campbell Centre. Staff will soon have access to the gym situated in the Campbell centre. This will require pre booking but is available and is free to use.
We really value continued service to the NHS and formally recognise this at CNWL on achieving continuous 20, 30 and 40 years NHS service.
Gifts are awarded to any member of staff who retires with more than 15 years continuous NHS service.
Weekly Paid Bank
This is being spread across all areas for staff on CNWL bank terms and means that when paid weekly bank shifts will be remunerated a week in arrears.