Side Menu ☰
- Data protection
- General Data Protection Regulation – Privacy Notice
- Freedom of Information (FOI)
- Publication scheme
- Hello my name is ...
- CNWL International
- Our services at home
- How CNWL can help: The support process
- Training and developing solutions for a sustainable workforce
- Our people
- Board of directors
- Board meetings and papers
- Borough directors
- Divisional directors
- Staff awards - Annual Gems and Hidden Gems
- Blog - In conversation
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Equality Act 2010
- Public equalities documents
- Accessible information standards
- Equality and Diversity initiatives
- Planning, performance and reports
- Quality strategy
- Conflict of interest
- Safer staffing
- Trust policies
- Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships
- North West London STP
- North Central London STP
- Bedford, Luton and Milton Keynes STP
- Service Redesign
- Know your rights
- Vision and values
- A number of initiatives are highlighted in the section:
- Conference reports – we regularly run conferences and seminars to address equalities and diversity themes to promote inclusion and understanding.
- Newsletters - we publish a quarterly newsletter for staff
- Poster – we display posters at our locations to promote inclusion and good relations
- Staff networks – our established staff networks provide an opportunity for staff to be heard and included, to be involved and consulted, and to be supported where issues may arise
- Organisations we have become a member of or partnered with
- Policies and guidance – we have a number of policies addressing equalities and diversity and have guidance documents to address some specific themes.
- Faith and Spirituality in Patient Care Conference, November 2010, Report
- Grasping the Nettle: the Challenges of Implementing Spiritual Care, November 2011, Report
- Sexual Orientation and Mental Health: Understanding the relevance of sexual orientation in the planning and delivery of care, October 2011, Report
- "You can't ask about that (or can you?): LGBT+ and Health Conference, February 2012, Report
- Promoting wellbeing in the Tamil Community, Conference Report, 2012
- Connecting with Faith: Engaging with your local resources, Conference Report - November 2012.
- BAME Staff Network – has recently been proactively involved in developing and recruiting to Race Relations Advisor posts within the Trust
- Disabled Employees Network (DEN+) – which has recently re-launched
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Staff Network (LGBT+) – has established an Advice, Information and Support Service for LGBT+ staff and they also run LGBT+ awareness training
- Carers at Work Network
- Lived Experience of Mental Health Staff Network.
- Equality, Diversity and Human Rights Policy (Employment)
- Equality, Diversity and Human Rights Policy (Service Delivery)
- Disability Policy (Service Delivery)
- Disability Policy (Employment)
- Transgender Policy (which covers both employment and service delivery)
- Faith and Spiritual Support Policy
- Interpreting Policy
- Equality and Human Rights Impact Assessment Policy
- Gender Requests Policy
- Zero Tolerance: policy and procedure for dealing with violent and abusive service users.
- Care of Dying and Deceased Policy
- Deafness and the Deaf community
- Blindness and partial sightedness - tips for communication, interaction and offering assistance
- Reasonable Adjustments
- Tips for communication between a speaking/hearing person and a D/deaf person.
Equality and Diversity initiatives
We are continually undertaking new initiatives to advance equality and to promote good relations and understanding.
In recent years we have been offering a number of equalities and diversity related conferences and seminars, primarily for our workforce and often involving specialist partner agencies who can bring their expertise and knowledge to the agenda. Reports can be downloaded below:
The Trust publishes a quarterly equalities and diversity newsletter made available to all staff. It highlights developments and initiatives both within the Trust and more widely, including legal updates, conference reports, policy updates, events, publications and book reviews.
Early in 2012 the Trust published a new equalities poster entitled "Our Commitment to Equalities and Diversity". It emphasises the Trust’s commitment to eliminating unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation, advancing equality of opportunity and fostering good relations between people – in particular tackling prejudice and promoting understanding. It also stresses the Trust’s zero-tolerance response to racist, homophobic, transphobic and any other offensive language or behaviour towards our staff, service users and their carers.
The Trust also displays two Stonewall posters at our sites, which we have had printed with the CNWL logo. ‘Different Families, Same Care’, and ‘Some People are Gay. Get Over It!’. The first poster provides a visual message that goes beyond sexual orientation equality, with images of a range of diverse families. The second provides for a very simple yet direct and pertinent message.
Our staff have a right to be treated with dignity and respect, irrespective of their age, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender or transgender identity, whether you have a disability, are pregnant, are married or in a civil partnership.
We value your diversity and we affirm that unlawful discrimination, harassment and other forms of exclusion have no place within CNWL.
The Trust has a number of established staff networks, providing an opportunity for staff to be heard and included, to be involved and consulted, and to be supported where issues may arise that affect them.
Policies and guidance
The Trust has a number of equalities related policies in place that comprehensively address equalities and diversity related standards and issues:
To further make sure of good practice we have also produced a number of equalities and diversity related guidance documents:
We are members/champions of different schemes, click on the logo's below to find out more.
- Board of directors