Side Menu ☰
- Data protection
- General Data Protection Regulation – Privacy Notice
- Freedom of Information (FOI)
- Publication scheme
- Hello my name is ...
- CNWL International
- Our services at home
- How CNWL can help: The support process
- Training and developing solutions for a sustainable workforce
- Our people
- Board of directors
- Board meetings and papers
- Borough directors
- Divisional directors
- Staff awards - Annual Gems and Hidden Gems
- Blog - In conversation
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Equality Act 2010
- Public equalities documents
- Accessible information standards
- Equality and Diversity initiatives
- Planning, performance and reports
- Quality strategy
- Conflict of interest
- Safer staffing
- Trust policies
- Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships
- North West London STP
- North Central London STP
- Bedford, Luton and Milton Keynes STP
- Service Redesign
- Know your rights
- Vision and values
- Equality Objectives 2018-20, setting out our four-year Equalities Objectives
- Equality Act Compliance Reports, describing our achievements towards complying with the Act
- NHS Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES)
- Equality Delivery System (EDS)
- Equalities monitoring information, providing information about the diversity of our workforce and the people who use our services
- Equality and Human Rights Impact Assessments that we have undertaken on our policies and on developments within the Trust
- Pastoral Spiritual and Cultural Care Report
- Gender Pay Gap report
- Modern slavery statement.
- Developing more equalities-related training for staff, at least one new training module annually addressing the needs of a particular diverse group.
- Directorates undertaking at least one community engagement event annually, targeting communities under-represented in accessing services.
- Improving the rates of recording service user data for disability, religion or belief and sexual orientation. This will help us to identify which groups are not accessing our services and thereby inform community engagement.
- Reducing the level of violence, harassment and discrimination experienced by our staff from service users, carers and members of the public.
- Improving the perception of our staff of the Trust as fair in terms of promotion and career progression.
- CNWL Equality Act Compliance Report 2017
- CNWL Equality Act Compliance Report 2016
- CNWL Equality Act Compliance Report, 2015
- CNWL Equality Act Compliance Report, 2014
- CNWL Equality Act Compliance Report, January 2013
- CNWL Equality Act Compliance Report, January 2012
- EHRIA Faith and Spiritual Support Policy
- EHRIA Interpreting Policy
- EHRIA Energy Efficiency Funding Bid
- EHRIA Disability Policy (Service Delivery)
- EHRIA Disability Policy (Employment)
- EHRIA Dual Diagnosis Policy
- EHRIA Dignity at Work Policy
- EHRIA Equality, Diversity and Human Rights Policy (Service Delivery)
- EHRIA Equality, Diversity and Human Rights Policy (Employment)
- EHRIA Mandatory and Statutory Training
- EHRIA Observation and Engagement Policy
- EHRIA Physical Care Policy
- EHRIA Service Disaggregation, Harrow
Public equalities documents
We have a number of requirements under the Equality Act 2010. These include publishing information, our objectives and priorities, and the progress we are making towards achieving them.
We have made available a number of public documents:
Equality objectives 2018-2020
Through an analysis of information and consultation with staff and other stakeholders, the Trust has identified five four-year equalities objectives for the period April 2012 to March 2016. The document below sets out the objectives that the Trust has set itself, and agreed by the Trust's Board of Directors.
These equalities objectives encompass:
Equality Act Compliance Reports
NHS Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES)
Mandatory from April 2015, the Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) is a set of nine metrics to address the lackof representation of BME staff within senior aspects of the NHS workforce and also improve the working experience of BME staff.
It is important to highlight the BME contribution to the NHS and celebrate diversity within the NHS. The image below, drawn by artist Pen Mendosa illustrates this (click on the picture to enlarge)
Equality Delivery System (EDS)
In 2011, the NHS introduced an Equality Delivery System (EDS) for NHS Trusts, which was refreshed in 2013 as
the Equality Delivery System 2 (EDS2) and became the mandatory framework around which NHS Trusts
develop their equalities actions from April 2015.
Equality and Human Rights Impact Assessments
We want to make sure our policies and services take account of the diverse needs of the people that they most affect. Another development during recent years has been the introduction of Equality and Human Rights Impact Assessments (EHRIA). This is a documented process used to assess policies, service developments and changes to identify how they may be contributing positively to the Public Sector Equality Duty and where there may be a risk of an adverse impact on a group of people protected by equalities legislation.
The EHRIAs undertaken within CNWL consider the following equalities characteristics: race/ethnicity, disability, gender, transgender identity, age, sexual orientation, religion/faith, pregnancy and maternity, marriage or civil partnership.
Pastoral Spiritual and Cultural Care Report
We are required to produce a Pastoral Spiritual and Cultural Care Report to take into account of the spiritual, religious, pastoral and cultural needs of service users and must liaise with the relevant authorities as appropriate in each case.
Gender Pay Gap Report
We have completed our first gender pay gap assessment in accordance with the amended Equality Act 2010 (Specific Duties and Public Authorities) Regulations 2017, which requires us to publish six statutory calculations every year showing how large the pay gap is between our male and female colleagues.
Modern slavery statement
CNWL's Board of Directors approved a Modern Slavery Statement at their meeting on Wednesday 9 May 2018.
View the statement (opens PDF)
- Board of directors