About the intrauterine device
You have booked an appointment to have an intrauterine device fitted. This page contains some information that you may find helpful - please watch our video as soon as you are able.
- An information film about intrauterine contraception - a long acting reversible method of contraception (The password for the film is the same as the password for this page).
- An information leaflet for patients to read prior to an IUD fitting
- Further information about contraception and the different types available from the FPA, a sexual health charity
Please contact us via our Central Booking Office on 020 3317 5252 if, after seeing this information, you
- No longer wish to have an intrauterine device fitted - we can then offer your appointment to someone else
- Need to delay the fitting appointment you have made because you may be at risk of pregnancy
- Wish to see one of our staff to further discuss your contraception options before coming for a fitting