Side Menu ☰
- Individual Placement and Support (IPS) Service
- Individual Placement and Support Service FAQs
- User Employment Programme
- User Employment Programme FAQs
- Work placement options
- Looking for a job
- Customising your CV or application form
- Interview success tips: body language
- Preparing for interview questions
- Talking to employers about your mental health
- Staying in work
- Wellbeing at work
- Your benefits
- Disability Employment Advisers in boroughs covered by CNWL
- External employment services
- External employment services in Brent
- External employment services in Harrow
- External employment services in Hillingdon
- External employment services in Kensington & Chelsea
- External employment services in Westminster
- Recovery stories
- Carers - FAQs
- Myth busters
- Support in applying for jobs within CNWL, with on-going support once people start work
- Work placements within CNWL in a range of roles, enabling individuals to re-train, update old skills, gain confidence and obtain a recent work reference; whilst continuing to receive support to find paid work
- Trained employment specialists (ES) being based in mental health and addiction teams. Research has shown that having an ES in treatment teams results in more people getting back to work
- Employment specialists playing a key role in building relationships with local employers to access the ‘hidden’ labour market, as up to 70% of jobs are never advertised
We are a Centre of Excellence partner with the Centre for Mental Health
Centre for Mental Health website
Many people who access mental health and addiction services say they want help in getting and keeping a job, and see it as an important part of their recovery.
We are passionate about, and committed to, supporting people to get and retain the right job.
The Trust set up its Employment Services in 2004 and has since then supported over 2000 people into paid employment in a range of industries.
Working closely with each individual to match the person, ambition and employment goal, CNWL’s Employment Services now provide the following:
A User Employment Programme (UEP)
The Individual Placement and Support (IPS) Employment Model
This website provides information for people using services, carers, employers, and partner agencies on how our services work and on the research evidence behind our approach. Information about other agencies that can support people to get back to work, or keep an existing job, is also included.
IPS Centre of Excellence Programme
CNWL has been recognised for its work in implementing employment services since 2010, when we became part of the Centre for Mental Health IPS Centre of Excellence Programme. For more information go to the Centre of Excellence Programme website.
If you are an employer we can offer a free recruitment service, providing suitable candidates, matched to your vacant positions. For more information please contact: Kyriacos Colocassis on email@example.com
Employment services bringing tomorrow's NHS today
Employment services featured in CNWL's Annual Gem 2017 video as one of the services bringing tomorrow's NHS today. Watch it below.