Side Menu ☰
- Individual Placement and Support (IPS) Service
- Individual Placement and Support Service FAQs
- User Employment Programme
- User Employment Programme FAQs
- Work placement options
- Looking for a job
- Customising your CV or application form
- Interview success tips: body language
- Preparing for interview questions
- Talking to employers about your mental health
- Staying in work
- Wellbeing at work
- Your benefits
- Disability Employment Advisers in boroughs covered by CNWL
- External employment services
- External employment services in Brent
- External employment services in Harrow
- External employment services in Hillingdon
- External employment services in Kensington & Chelsea
- External employment services in Westminster
- Recovery stories
- Carers - FAQs
- Myth busters
- Jobcentre Plus
- Kennedy Scott
- Reed in Partnership
- Peabody Employment and Training
- Learn Direct Harrow
- Harrow CAB
- Harrow Xcite Project
- Mandatory (compulsory): Jobseekers' Allowance (JSA) claimants aged 25 or over (after 12 months) or 18-24 (after nine months), and claimants who have moved from Incapacity Benefit (after three months). People claiming JSA who are 'seriously disadvantaged' may also have to go on the programme. People claiming Employment Support Allowance (ESA) who are in the Work Related Activity group and are expected to be fit for work (within six months).
- Voluntary: Anyone claiming ESA.
- Remploy provides four modules: introduction, work entry support, short- to medium-term in-work support and longer-term in-work support.
- Seetec offers one-to-one support from a personal adviser on topics such as job search and interview techniques. Their aim is to help people into paid employment within six months. They also work with people in danger of losing their jobs because of their health.
External employment services in Harrow
>These services each specialise in a particular area of employment support and have their own referral systems. There are also organisations which offer access to education and volunteering, listed at the bottom of the page.
How to access these services
For full information about eligibility and referrals, see the links below.
Ingeus, Kennedy Scott and Reed in Partnership
Referral: Mandated referrals to the Work Programme. People will be randomly referred to one of the three organisations.
Tel: Ingeus: 020 8782 4000; Kennedy Scott: 020 8861 2659; Reed: 020 8515 1560
Website: Ingeus: https://ingeus.co.uk; Kennedy Scott: https://kennedyscott.co.uk.harrow.html; Reed: https://www.reedinpartnership.co.uk
Address: Ingeus: 1 Olympic Way, Wembley HA9 0NP; Kennedy Scott: Verim House, 13 St John's Rd, Harrow HA1 2EE; Reed in Partnership: Premier House, 1 Canning Rd, Harrow HA3 7TS
Jobcentre Plus provides one-to-one support, depending on a person's needs, for up to a year. After this claimants will be handed over to a specialist work programme provider (see above).
Eligibility: Unemployed people who want to find work.
Referral: At your local Jobcentre. Ask for the Disability Employment Adviser.
Tel: 020 8426 3044
Address: Kings House, Clarendon Rd, Harrow HA1 1YJ
Peabody Employment and Training
Peabody support customers on an ESF-funded programme called ‘Love London Working’, and can help with CV-writing, job searches and applications, interview skills, training and anything else needed on their journey to employment.
Eligibility: Over 16, unemployed and looking for work; working part time and receiving employment benefit; has the right to work in the UK.
Tel: 020 7089 1342, ask for Michelle Halley
Address: Old Oak house, 43-45 Erconwald Street, London, W12 0BP or Gatehouse Office (Peabody Estate), St Johns Hill, London, SW11 1TY
Remploy and Seetec
Remploy and Seetec both provide support through the JCP’s Work Choice programme.
Eligibility: Anyone who has a disability that’s recognised under the Equality Act (2010).
Referrals: by DEA in your local JCP.
Tel: Remploy: 0845 601 5878; Seetec: Beverly Greenfield on 07824 480 386
Website: Remploy: https://www.remploy.co.uk
Address: Remploy: 1st floor, Clifton House East, 101 Euston Rd NW1 2RA; Seetec: Talbot House Business centre, 204-266 Imperial Drive, Rayners Lane, Harrow HA2 7HN
Spear runs six-week courses for young people on topics including confidence-building, teamwork, mock interviews, CVs and covering letters and job applications through one-to-one and group coaching.
Eligibility: Unemployed 16-24-year-olds who haven’t been to university and are looking for work.
Referrals: Self or via key worker.
Tel: 020 3327 0157 (ask for Susanna Beck)
Address: Spear Harrow, St Peter's Church, Harrow HA1 4BX
Stepping Stones supports people to take part in courses and leisure activities.
Eligibility: Harrow residents.
Referrals: Self, via clinical team.
Tel: 020 8515 7878
Address: 8 Havelock Place, Harrow HA1 1LJ
Harrow College runs full-and part-time courses for 14-19-year-olds and adults.
Tel: 020 8909 6000
Jobcentre Plus offers training courses in partnership with Harrow and Stanmore Colleges.
Eligibility: Harrow residents.
Referrals: Self, via JCP.
Learn in Harrow offers a range of traditional and online courses.
Tel: 020 8901 2691
Address: Harrow Arts Centre, Uxbridge Rd, Hatch End, Harrow HA5 4EA
Learn Direct Harrow
Harrow Citizens Advice Bureau
Harrow Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) can help with job related queries and support for people in work.
Address: Harrow Citizens Advice Bureau, Civic 9, Station Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2XH
Tel: 0208 427 9477
Appointments: Tuesdays 9.45am-12.30pm
Monday 1.30-4pm, Tuesday: 9.45-12pm and 1.30-3.30pm, Thursday: 9.45-12pm and 1.30-3.30pm
Harrow Xcite Project
Address: Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XY
Do-it.org is an online resource which offers access to volunteering.
Referrals: Self, online
Getting Britain Working brings together work experience (ages 18-24), work clubs, enterprise clubs, volunteering and sector-based work academies. Eligibility: Harrow residents who want to volunteer.
Referrals: via JCP
Wiseworks provides work assessment, rehabilitation and vocational activities. They also help with job search and job retention.
Eligibility: Service users who satisfy fair access to care criteria.
Referrals: Through your recovery team.
Tel: 020 8863 8704
Address: 74a Marlborough Hill, Harrow HA1 1TY