Side Menu ☰
- Individual Placement and Support (IPS) Service
- Individual Placement and Support Service FAQs
- User Employment Programme
- User Employment Programme FAQs
- Work placement options
- Looking for a job
- Customising your CV or application form
- Interview success tips: body language
- Preparing for interview questions
- Talking to employers about your mental health
- Staying in work
- Wellbeing at work
- Your benefits
- Disability Employment Advisers in boroughs covered by CNWL
- External employment services
- External employment services in Brent
- External employment services in Harrow
- External employment services in Hillingdon
- External employment services in Kensington & Chelsea
- External employment services in Westminster
- Recovery stories
- Carers - FAQs
- Myth busters
- Fountains Mill
- Mind at Work Project
- Mind PSEG - Peer Employment Support Employment Group
- Peabody Employment and Training
- West Met Skills - Uxbridge College
- Address: The Forward Trust, The Foundry, 17 Oval Way, London, SE11 5RR
- Eligibility: Must have a criminal record (spent or unspent). Due to the nature of the work, people who have committed certain offences may not be employed.
- Referrals: By completing the application form on the website or via a key worker.
- Telephone: 01895 839 848, contact name: Minta Sakaria
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 81 High St, Uxbridge UB81JR
- Eligibility: Living in Hillingdon; aged 13-19, or up to 25 with additional needs.
- Referrals: Drop in to the careers advice point. Your care team can also refer you.
- Telephone: 01895 558 160 or 01895 257 855
- Address: 914-918 Uxbridge Rd, Hayes, Middlesex UB4 0RW
- Eligibility: Jobseekers' Allowance (JSA) claimants aged 25 or over (after 12 months) or 18-24 (after nine months), and claimants who have moved from Incapacity Benefit (after three months). People claiming JSA who are 'seriously disadvantaged' may also have to go on the programme. People claiming Employment Support Allowance (ESA) who are in the Work Related Activity group and are expected to be fit for work (within six months).
- Eligibility for voluntary work: Anyone who claims ESA.
- Referral: Mandated referrals to the Work Programme.
- Telephone: 020 3551 7525
- Address: Hillingdon Mind, Aston House, Redford Way, Uxbridge, UB8 1SZ
- Telephone: 01895 271559, contact Phil
- Address: The Uxbridge Wellbeing Hub, 40 New Windsor Street, Uxbridge, Middlesex. UB8 2TU
- Eligibility: over age 25, job-seeking, eligible to work in the UK, unemployed, experiencing a mild to moderate common mental health condition, not receiving employment support on the JobCentre Plus Work Programme or from another “Building Better Opportunities”-funded project, and resident in Hillingdon borough or able to travel to Hayes offices.
- Referral: self-referral
- Telephone: 07720 087387, contact Nigel Gee, Employment Adivsor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Old Oak house, 43-45 Erconwald Street, London, W12 0BP or Gatehouse Office (Peabody Estate), St Johns Hill, London, SW11 1TY
- Eligibility: Over 16, unemployed and looking for work; working part time and receiving employment benefit; has the right to work in the UK.
- Telephone: 020 7089 1342, ask for Michelle Halley
- Email: email@example.com
External employment services in Hillingdon
These services each specialise in a particular area of employment support and have their own referral systems. There are also organisations which offer access to volunteering, training for people recovering from addictions and work for ex-offenders listed at the bottom of the page.
For full information about eligibility and referrals, see the links below:
Blue Sky, part of The Forward Trust, offers seasonal paid contracts to ex-offenders, plus extra training and support to help support them when their contract ends.
Fountains Mill Young People’s Centre provides information and advice about careers, qualifications and skills as well as volunteering and apprenticeships.
Maximus offers dedicated employment advice, CV help, employability training and access to vacancies, while also running Work Choice, which is a voluntary programme that customers can be referred to by JobCentre Plus
The Mind at Work project aims to support individuals to access work, volunteering or training opportunities. The team will offer skills employability skills training, emotional support and mentoring.
The group combines one-to-one employment adviser support with a unique peer support element to offer both practical support in job searching, alongside opportunities to improve skills, enhance wellbeing and find a supportive peer group with shared experiences.
Peabody support customers on an ESF-funded programme called ‘Love London Working’, and can help with CV-writing, job searches and applications, interview skills, training and anything else needed on their journey to employment.
West Met Skills at Uxbridge College run a Work Programme contract for JSA, ESA and Universal Credit claimants on behalf of Reed in Partnership. It also supports unemployed people who are not on the Work Programme by providing job-seeking guidance, access to skills training courses and general employability support on a one-to-one basis, by appointment. Free training is offered for eligible jobseekers in Employability Skills, ICT, Customer Service, Retail, Warehousing and Storage, Business Administration, Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care, and Food Safety in Catering. Most training is available at the Hayes campus.
The Hard Hat Ready Programme at the Uxbridge campus provides free training to London Borough of Hillingdon residents wanting to gain their CSCS Health and Safety Card to work in the Construction Industry. It also aims to match people with suitable construction job opportunities in the area.
West Met Skills also offer a wide range vocational Apprenticeships at different levels – to find out more about Apprenticeships please call 01895 853622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Uxbridge College also offers a range of further and higher education courses. To find out more about Uxbridge College’s and West Met Skills’ support, please contact: 01895 853653 or email: email@example.com
Address one: Uxbridge Campus: Park Rd, Uxbridge UB8 1NQ;
Address two: College Way, Coldharbour Lane, Hayes UB3 3BB