Side Menu ☰
- Individual Placement and Support (IPS) Service
- Individual Placement and Support Service FAQs
- User Employment Programme
- User Employment Programme FAQs
- Work placement options
- Looking for a job
- Customising your CV or application form
- Interview success tips: body language
- Preparing for interview questions
- Talking to employers about your mental health
- Staying in work
- Wellbeing at work
- Your benefits
- Disability Employment Advisers in boroughs covered by CNWL
- External employment services
- External employment services in Brent
- External employment services in Harrow
- External employment services in Hillingdon
- External employment services in Kensington & Chelsea
- External employment services in Westminster
- Recovery stories
- Carers - FAQs
- Myth busters
- Abbey Centre Into Work Support
- Avanta Enterprise
- Business in the Community
- Peabody Employment and Training
External employment services in Westminster
These services each specialise in a particular area of employment support and have their own referral systems. There are also organisations which offer access to volunteering listed at the bottom of the page.
For full information about eligibility and referrals, see the links below.
Abbey Centre Into Work Support
Abbey Centre Into Work Support provides job search guidance, a job brokerage scheme and volunteer placements to improve employability. It also offers training and education in IT and ESOL.
Eligibility, referrals: speak to Caroline Richardson.
Tel: 0207 227 0655
Avanta Enterprise offers career advice and employment preparation workshops.
Eligibility: People who are long-term unemployed; young and unemployed for six months; or homeless and unemployed.
Tel: Helena Choudhury on 0207 462 4550
Business in the Community
Business in the Community runs Ready for Work, which provides pre-placement training, work placements and post-placement support.
Eligibility: People who are disadvantaged, especially those who have been homeless.
Tel: Sarah Setby on 020 7566 6646
Peabody Employment and Training
Peabody support customers on an ESF-funded programme called ‘Love London Working’, and can help with CV-writing, job searches and applications, interview skills, training and anything else needed on their journey to employment.
Eligibility: Over 16, unemployed and looking for work; working part time and receiving employment benefit; has the right to work in the UK.
Tel: 020 7089 1342, ask for Michelle Halley
Address: Old Oak house, 43-45 Erconwald Street, London, W12 0BP or Gatehouse Office (Peabody Estate), St Johns Hill, London, SW11 1TY