Side Menu ☰
- Feedback, compliments and complaints
- Making a complaint
- Patient Support Service
- Other formats
- Quarterly themed analysis
- What patients said in feedback and what we did
- Council of Governors
- Council of Governors meeting dates and papers
- Appointed governors
- Carer governors
- Public governors
- Service user governors
- Staff governors
- Represent the views of members
- Consult on service developments and changes
- Develop the membership of the Trust
- Approve the appointment of the chief executive
- Appoint the chair and non-executive directors
- Appoint the Trust’s financial auditors
- Receive the annual report and accounts
- Appointed governors: representing local organisations such as other NHS trusts, local authorities and voluntary services
- Elected governors: representing carers
- Elected governors: representing public members
- Elected governors: representing service users
- Elected governors: representing staff
Council of Governors
CNWL became a foundation trust in May 2007, which means that the Trust can be run with greater independence and have more control over financial management.
Foundation trusts also have greater freedom to develop services that meet the specific needs of local communities. Local people are invited to join the Trust’s Council of Governors, where they can help ensure we are providing the most suitable services when and where they are needed. The Council of Governors is not involved in operational matters.
The role of the Council of Governors is to:
Read the CNWL Constitution (opens pdf)
Members’ views are represented at the Council of Governors by governors who are elected and appointed for specific groups of members, known as constituencies. Constituencies include:
The Council of Governors meets quarterly and all meetings are open to the public. Meetings are chaired by Professor Dorothy Griffiths, Chair for CNWL.
Meeting papers are available to download approximately one week before each meeting date. For upcoming meeting dates and past papers, visit the meeting dates and papers page.
If you would like to attend a meeting, email the Trust Secretary, email@example.com.