Making a complaint

At Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust (CNWL) we aim to give you the best possible service at all times and to learn from your experiences.

We hope you have a positive experience with us but we understand that now and then there may be things that do not meet your expectations. If you have concerns about any aspect of our service, please tell us.

Raising concerns

Do you have any concerns about the service that you, or the people you care for, have received? Want to make a complaint or suggestion about any aspect of our service?

We recommend you speak to a member of staff in the first instance. You can also contact the Patient Support Service for help and advice.

Making a complaint

If staff have been unable to resolve your concerns and you want to make a complaint you can write to the Chief Executive or the Patient Support Service at CNWL Trust Headquarters, Stephenson House, 75 Hampstead Road, London NW1 2PL

You can also telephone the Patient Support Service on 0300 013 4799 or email

At the end of the process, should you remain unhappy you will have the right to refer your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) for review. The Ombudsman is independent of government and the NHS, who makes final decisions on complaints that have not been resolved by the NHS, government departments and some other public organisations. The service is free for everyone.

To take a complaint to the Ombudsman, go to or call the helpline on 0345 015 4033. It is important you make your complaint as soon as you receive our final response as there are time limits for the Ombudsman to look into complaints.

If you require support to make your complaint

You can contact VoiceAbility. The service provides free and independent advocacy for people who have a complaint about the NHS. They can be contacted on 0300 330 5454, or by email to

If you live in the borough of Harrow, you can contact Harrow Association of Disabled People (HAD) who provide an advocacy service for people who wish to make a complaint concerning the NHS in that borough. They can be contacted on 020 8861 9920. Information is also available at

If you live in Milton Keynes, you can contact POhWER, which provides advocacy services for people who wish to make a complaint concerning the NHS in Milton Keynes.

PO Box 14043
B6 9BL

Minicom: 0300 456 2364
Tel: 0300 200 0084
Text: Text 'pohwer' with your name and number to 81025