Side Menu ☰
- CNWL Interpreting Service
- Interpreting and translating services
- Library and Knowledge Services
- Current awareness
- Access to online resources
- External links for liaison psychiatry
- Linked library services
- Literature searches
- Resource centres
- International Centre for Arts Psychotherapies Training (ICAPT)
- Post-qualification training for arts psychotherapists
- The Horizons Project –Honorary arts psychotherapies clinical research posts
- UKCP placements
- The ICAPT Evening Lecture Series: Drawing on Evidence in Arts Psychotherapies
- Research knowledge base
- Research projects, service evaluations and clinical audits
- Database of PhDs in arts psychotherapies
- PhDs in art therapy
- PhDs in dance movement psychotherapy
- PhDs in dramatherapy
- PhDs in music therapy
- PhDs in more than one medium of arts therapies
- Education and training
- Family therapy and systemic practice courses
- Motivational interviewing courses
- MRCPsych CASC Revision Course
- Resuscitation courses
- Waterview Centre personality disorder service - referrals
- Postgraduate medical education
Access to online resources
CNWL staff and placement students have access to a wide range of print and electronic resources.
Reflecting users’ remote-access preferences, CNWL Library and Knowledge Services currently provide a large range of electronic journals and only a small selection of print titles for CNWL staff.
You can browse all our electronic and paper titles using the NHS Evidence My Journals service. An Athens account is required to access the full list (and link through to full text). You can self-register for an Athens username and password from NHS Evidence.
We have several thousand e-journals including collections from BMJ Group, American Medical Association, American Psychological Association, ProQuest Hospital Collection and Lippincott Total Access.
You will need an NHS Athens account to access the resources on this page. If you do not have an Athens account or have lost your password, you'll need to self-register for an NHS Athens account. All listed databases are available two different interfaces, NHS Evidence Healthcare Databases and OVID online. Links to both providers are given below (E for NHS Evidence; O for OVID), thus allowing you to opt for the search engine you are more familiar with:
British Nursing Index
A bibliographic database containing articles from the most popular English-language nursing journals published primarily in the UK.
Key database for references to articles from nursing and allied health journals, conference proceedings and standards of professional practice.
The Cochrane Library
The Cochrane Library contains high-quality, independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making. It includes reliable evidence from Cochrane and other systematic reviews, clinical trials, and more. Cochrane reviews bring you the combined results of the world's best medical research studies, and are recognised as the gold standard in evidence-based health care.
This is a major biomedical and pharmaceutical database indexing over 3,500 international journals in a number of fields, including drug research, pharmacology, pharmaceutics, toxicology, occupational health, environmental health, drug dependence and abuse, psychiatry and forensic medicine.
Health Business Elite
Health Business Elite contains full text content from 480 journals, detailing all aspects of health care administration and other non-clinical aspects of health care institution management.
PsycARTICLES is recognised worldwide as a leading full text source for academic, research and practice literature in psychology and related disciplines.
Download the PsycARTICLES contents list
Social Policy and Practice
Social Policy and Practice is a bibliographic database with abstracts covering evidence-based social policy, public health, social services, and mental and community health. The database is particularly strong on social care of the young and elderly.
Download the Social Policy and Practice contents list