Side Menu ☰
- CNWL Interpreting Service
- Library and Knowledge Services
- Current awareness
- Access to online resources
- External links for liaison psychiatry
- Linked library services
- Literature searches
- Resource centres
- International Centre for Arts Psychotherapies Training (ICAPT)
- Post-qualification training for arts psychotherapists
- The Horizons Project –Honorary arts psychotherapies clinical research posts
- UKCP placements
- The ICAPT Evening Lecture Series: Drawing on Evidence in Arts Psychotherapies
- Research knowledge base
- Research projects, service evaluations and clinical audits
- Database of PhDs in arts psychotherapies
- PhDs in art therapy
- PhDs in dance movement psychotherapy
- PhDs in dramatherapy
- PhDs in music therapy
- PhDs in more than one medium of arts therapies
- Education and training
- Psychology series 2019/2020
- Infection, prevention and control
- Postgraduate medical education
Psychology series 2019/2020
We're proud to introduce our psychology series for 2019/2020, facilitated by clinical psychologists who are experts in their fields.
We will be delivering one day training courses for clinical psychologists who want to further their skills and knowledge in particular areas. Attendees will learn theoretical knowledge, which underpins the subject content as well have the opportunity to practice these skills.
All training courses will take place at Argo House, conference rooms three and four, Kilburn Road, London, NW6 5FA. Directions to Argo House.
All sessions run from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
Session dates and topics:
Thursday 24 October 2019 – Cognitive Behavioural Couple Therapy (CBCT)
Course outline: Understanding of the fundamental concepts for CBCT, the evidence base supporting the use of CBCT for treating depression and an understanding of the interactions between individual psychopathology and couple distress.
Friday 22 November 2019 – Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Trauma
Course outline: Understanding of the fundamental concepts of CBT for trauma, the evidence to support the use of CBT for PTSD and other trauma and the modifications needed to practice in certain areas.
Tuesday 28 January 2020 – An Introduction to Mentalisation-based Therapy (MBT)
Course outline: By attending this session you would have gained an understanding of the theoretical knowledge which underpins MBT and how to implement some of the skills.
Monday 17 February 2020 – Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Chronic Depression
Course outline: An understanding of the fundamental concepts of CBT for Chronic Depression, the evidence base supporting the use of CBT for Chronic Depression and the modifications needed to practice in certain circumstances.
Friday 20 March 2020- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
Course Outline: An understanding of the fundamental concepts of CBT for GAD, the evidence base supporting the use of CBT for GAD and the modifications needed to practice in certain circumstances.
The cost to attend a session in the series is £95.00. A discount rate of £75 is available for two or more bookings from the same Trust. A discount rate is available for individuals booking additional dates at the same time where the first session would cost £95 and subsequent sessions at £75.
Places are extremely limited. To book please contact firstname.lastname@example.org