14 May 2020
We’re really sorry but we are no longer allowing visitors on our wards. This is to help prevent the spread of Covid-19 infection amongst our patients; this has been a difficult decision to make but we feel this is necessary to protect patients.
Visitors will be considered in exceptional and compassionate circumstances, like:
- For a patient at end of life
- One regular carer for a patient with additional needs, such as a patient with dementia
- One parent/guardian for a child
Please speak to the ward manager to consider any exceptional arrangements.
Any visitors who are allowed must:
- Not come to the hospital if you are feeling unwell, including cold or flu symptoms
- Wash or gel your hands as soon as you enter a ward or unit
- Follow the additional measures that will be requested by our staff if you are visiting a patient with an infection.