Eating Disorders Training Academy core training for practitioners
9 May 2019
We have collaborated with South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust CYP ED service, for this four-day in depth training on eating disorders in children and young people.
You will be trained by leading experts in the field and will help your professional development, whether you are new to working in eating disorders or have experience. Over the four day training, you will learn:
- The nature of eating disorders – including biology, epidemiology and risk factors
- Risk assessment, assessment, management and consent – including biology of starvation and nutrition management, family engagement
- Working as a specialist eating disorders team – including evidence base, Nice guidelines and treatment planning
- Treatment, participation, collaboration and teamwork – including legislation, young people’s panel, goal setting and outcome monitoring.
The cost of this four-day programme is £490. Please note the four days are spread out:
- Day one and two: Wednesday 9 October and Thursday 10 October 2019
- Day three and four: Monday 11 November and Tuesday 12 November 2019