Get ready for National HIV Testing Week
14 November 2017
National HIV Testing Week (NHTW) starts on Saturday 18 November 2017. Although HIV is manageable and people with HIV can lead a healthy life with a near-normal life expectancy, late diagnosis of HIV remains an important public health issue in the UK.
Prince Harry will launch the HIV Prevention initiative, led by Terrence Higgins Trust, by offering HIV tests at a pop up clinic in Hackney tomorrow and CNWL’s CLASH (Central London Action on Sexual Health) Team will be out and about from 16 November offering free HIV testing to remind people how important and easy it is to get tested. Follow us on Twitter and see below for the outreach sessions.
You can also book an appointment for HIV testing online at any time by visiting the our sexual health services website.
CNWL’s Freedoms Shop also offers HIV testing kits that can be used in the privacy of your own home. Using the latest testing technology they provide a result almost instantly. With just a very small amount of blood from a finger prick sample to detect the presence of HIV antibodies, the kit allows individuals to receive their HIV results within 15-minutes in the comfort of their own home.
Visit CNWL Freedoms Shop website to find out more.
Visit our CLASH Team at the following outreach sessions:
Thursday 16 November
- 12pm – 3pm at SOAS University Paul Webley Wing, North Block, Torrington Square, London WC1E 7HX
- 3.30pm to 6.30pm at The Vault 139-143 Whitfield Street W1T 5EN
Friday 17 November
- 12pm to 4pm – St Mungo’s Barnsbury Site, Rosebury Avenue
Saturday 18 November
- 7.30pm to 10.30pm - Central Station 37 Wharfdale Rd, Kings Cross, London N1 9SD
Tuesday 21 November
- 9.30am to 12.30pm Wates Construction 172 Belsize Road, Kilburn, London NW6 4AE
Thursday 23 November
- 10am to 1pm Sobel Centre Gym Hornsey Road, London N7 7NY
Friday 24 November
- 10am to 3pm Elimination Violence against Women Williamson Street Community Centre, Parkhurst Road (under Trefil Walk) London N7 0ST
Saturday 25 November
- 1pm to 4pm Aquarius/Barbers 9 Stroud Green Rd, London N4 2DQ