Governor Elections 2018
30 January 2018
Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust is looking for new Governors to represent the needs of local communities. The roles are very important in helping shape the health services we deliver across London, Milton Keynes and the surrounding areas.
Anyone can become a Governor and you don’t need specific skills or experience because we provide you with the training you need. The only requirement is an interest in the Trust and a willingness to get involved. So if you have an interest in your community and health in general, this could be for you!
CNWL is one of the largest Trusts in the country providing services covering general community services, mental health, learning disability, substance misuse, sexual health, offender care and eating disorders. We welcome individuals with an interest in any of these services.
We will be holding elections for the following constituencies:
- Service users – representing the Boroughs of Hillingdon, Harrow, Brent, Ealing Hounslow
- Service users – representing the Boroughs of Westminster Kensington & Chelsea, Hammersmith & Fulham, Camden, Enfield and the rest of England
- Carers – representing carers across all Trust services
- Public Governor – representing the London Borough of Brent
- Public Governor – representing the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea
- Public Governor – representing the London Boroughs of Hillingdon
- Public Governor – representing the London Borough of Westminster
- Public Governor – representing the Borough of Milton Keynes
- Public Governor – representing the London Borough of Camden
- Public Governor – representing the Boroughs within England & Wales excluding those named above
- Staff Governor – Nursing ( including Healthcare Assistants)
- Staff Governor – Medical Staff
- Staff Governor – Allied Health Professional
- Staff Governor – Other (non-clinical)
- Staff Governor - Social Care.
Anyone who is a member of one of these constituencies is eligible to apply. If you are not yet a member you can join here.
To become a candidate in the election you will need to self-nominate by submitting a form from no later than the 19 March 2018. (Nominations open from 2 March).
You can find out more about what it means to be a governor by visiting NHS Providers website.
How to self-nominate
You can put yourself forward to become a Governor, all you need to do is to complete a self-nomination form that will be available from CNWL's election website from Friday 2 March to Monday 19 March 2018.
We will be holding an open event for anyone interested in becoming a Governor on the 20 February 2018 from 5-6pm in Bevan 1, Stephenson House, 75 Hampstead road, London, NW1 2PL. If you have any queries, please contact Christine Baldwinson, Trust Secretary - email@example.com