Grenfell Tower Trauma Service staffing
11 August 2017
Our Outreach Team continues to work extremely hard to provide a wide range of psychological and emotional support to those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
Since the incident we’ve
- knocked on 2,200 doors in the buildings, both flats and housing, close to the Grenfell Tower and talked to 2,000 people to offer advice and full mental health assessments if necessary
- referred 600 people for further treatment (including 100 to our child and adolescent mental health services)
We want to reach even more people and we’re looking for staff to help with our longer term intervention work.
We ideally need people with
- experience of working with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) including complex PTSD
- experience of working with complex bereavement and adjustment disorders
- skills in Trauma Focused CBT and EMDR
- experience of working in a CAMHS or adult mental health service
- familiarity with working in a stepped care IAPT–style service (desirable)
- experience of providing community based interventions (desirable)
You will work within a multidisciplinary/multi-agency team to make sure we have a visible and responsive presence in the new community hub (The Curve) and around the community.
You’ll be making a huge difference to the local community.