Milton Keynes Recovery and Rehabilitation Team enables people with complex mental health needs to live safely in the community with the appropriate support.
The team brings together a together a range of healthcare professionals who have specialist skills in working with people who have complex and severe mental health problems. The services aims to deliver excellent integrated, recovery focused and evidence based health and social care.
The role of the team includes:
- Assessing, treating and reviewing symptoms.
- Taking optimistic views about recovery-focused interventions.
- Providing a wide range of psycho-social interventions and support.
- Providing support and intervention for family and carers.
- Assessing social care needs and providing social care services through personalised budgets.
- Working in partnership with a range of statutory and non-statutory services.
All the team members understand the distress that goes with mental illness. They can offer psychological support, encouragement and practical help to service users and their families and carers.
The team has a base where they can see people. They are also able to work in a range of other places, such as GP surgeries, day centres, hostels and people's own homes.
The team provides focused and person-centred care over a longer period to enable individuals to remain supported within the community.
The team is community based and supports individuals with a functional mental illness. Services are available to people aged over 18 who are registered with a GP in Milton Keynes.
Referrals to the team are made via the Milton Keynes Assessment and Short Term Intervention Team or another mental health team within Milton Keynes.
The service operates 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday (with some flexibility) and also operate a more limited service at weekends from 9am - 5pm.
Bus: 8, 300
Rail: Milton Keynes Central Rail Station
- A support group run by the Hearing Voices Network every Thursday from 2.00pm - 4.00pm
Milton Keynes Hearing Voices Group
- A counselling service for those with a MK3 postcode
West Bletchley Counselling Centre
- A self-help group every Tuesday, all welcome between 11am and 12.30pm
Self-help group at Westcroft Health Centre
- Every second and fourth Thursday of each month from 2pm until 4.30pm. At Repton House, Stony Stratford
Wordsmith creative writing, poetry and song writing group
- Free support group on the second Tuesday of every month from 7pm until 9pm
Bipolar UK Support Group in Milton Keynes
- Do you need support with substance misuse and alcohol?
Concrete Cows Recovery - Monthly support Group
- Community events organised by Milton Keynes Council
Milton Keynes Council Community Learning
- Do you know anybody who wants to learn how to get started online?
IT training course from Milton Keynes Council