Milton Keynes Specialist Therapies Team (formerly the Medium Term Team, Queensway Clinic and the Psychological Therapies Service) offers assessment and treatment for people with serious depression or anxiety, trauma, obsessive compulsive disorder and personality disorder. The team offers evidence-based talking therapies, which enable the individual to:
- Understand their difficulties
- Choose ways to manage these difficulties
- Change through therapies, self-help and activities
- Achieve recovery as defined by the individual
Interventions are mainly group-based and are underpinned by Mentalisation Based Therapy (MBT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) and Risk Management.
Additionally people in therapy will have access to peer group and carer support. The team may also refer people to the adult mental health social care team for social care assessment and intervention to address eligible well being needs in line with the care act.
The service is for people who:
- Are over the age of 18
- Are a resident of Milton Keynes or registered with a general practitioner (GP) in Milton Keynes
- And who have been diagnosed as and have a presentation of serious depression, serious anxiety, trauma, obsessive compulsive disorder or personality disorder.
Referrals are accepted internally from other CNWL services.
To be referred to us you will have:
- a diagnosis of a mood disorder, anxiety disorder or personality disorder
- moderate to severe psychological difficulties
- a degree of insight into your difficulties with a willingness and commitment to therapeutic intervention.
- consented to the referral.
After receiving a referral we will send you a letter to advise you that you have been placed on a waiting list and we will also provide you with a list of useful numbers for you to use if in a crisis and also so that you may explore other self-help opportunities while you wait.
There is a waiting time for treatment. The wait time can vary depending on the treatment pathway that has been identified to best meet your needs
Bus: 1, 17, 18 F77
Train: London Midlands
The service is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. Closed on public holidays