Side Menu ☰
- Find your school nursing team
- North Hillingdon School Nursing Team
- South East Hillingdon School Nursing Team
- South West Hillingdon School Nursing Team
- Looking after your health
Contact your school nurse to book a confidential appointment
Find your school nurse
All girls aged 12 to 13 are offered HPV (human papilloma virus) vaccination as part of the NHS childhood vaccination programme.
The first dose of the HPV immunisation is due in the autumn term. It is important that girls have both injections to give the best possible protection against cervical cancer, caused by HPV.
The immunisation has been shown to be very effective and very safe. Like most injections, the common side-effects are mild, and may include some localised pain or redness in your arm, or headaches.
If you miss any doses of HPV please let your school nurse know and you can be invited to the catch-up clinics.