Side Menu ☰
- Meet the team
- The facilities
- Assessment and liaison
- Treatment packages
- Day patient eating disorders treatment
- Inpatient eating disorders treatment
- Outpatient eating disorders treatment
- Eating and nutrition
- Management of patients at high medical risk
- Local patients referrals
- Male patients
- National patients referrals
- Family and friends
- After care
- Research at Vincent Square
- Further resources and self-help
- Information sheets
- Suggested reading and self-help resources
- Outside support
- Recovery Record app
- GPs from the boroughs of Hillingdon, Hounslow and Ealing can refer through the local community mental health team.
- GPs from the boroughs of Brent, Harrow, Kensington & Chelsea, Hammersmith & Fulham and Westminster can refer directly to the Vincent Square Eating Disorder Service following agreement by the Primary Care Trust.
- The community mental health team screens the client to ascertain whether eating disorder is the primary diagnosis or whether personality problems (or other enduring mental illness which can be managed by community mental health team) are the primary diagnosis.
- The community mental health team forwards an assessment request letter, presenting the problem, the patient's body mass index (BMI) and a brief history to the Vincent Square Eating Disorder Service.
Local patients referrals
We accept referrals for local patients from the North West Sector Consortium, which includes Kensington & Chelsea, Westminster, Hounslow, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, and Hillingdon.
We also accept national referrals from any healthcare professional, subject to a cost per case contract being agreed with the relevant funder.
More information about referring national patients
Process for local patient referrals
We assess urgent referrals within two weeks and non-urgent referrals within eight weeks. Once the patient has been assessed a decision will be made regarding the best care for the patient. This could be treatment as an inpatient, day patient or on either a tertiary waiting list for outpatient treatment or secondary waiting list for outpatient treatment.