Side Menu ☰
- Meet the team
- The facilities
- Assessment and liaison
- Treatment packages
- Day patient eating disorders treatment
- Inpatient eating disorders treatment
- Outpatient eating disorders treatment
- Eating and nutrition
- Management of patients at high medical risk
- Local patients referrals
- Male patients
- National patients referrals
- Family and friends
- After care
- Research at Vincent Square
- Further resources and self-help
- Information sheets
- Suggested reading and self-help resources
- Outside support
- Recovery Record app
- Treatment goals and care plans co-produced with service users, their families, local service and the treatment team.
- Regular updates to referrers and other local services, with frequency and format of progress reports collaboratively agreed.
- Face-to-face conference call facilities to allow for involvement of local services and families or carers in Care Programme Approach meetings, ward rounds and joint reviews.
- Individualised treatment packages that best meet the patient’s specific needs.
- Excellent communication and discharge planning to support the best possible outcome for the patient.
- Ongoing support post-discharge (at no additional cost to the referrer) by monthly telephone consultation with a lead professional for a duration post-discharge equal to the duration of admission (but not longer than six months).
- Further support post-discharge may include direct clinical care, or ongoing consultation and supervision for professionals, as required and with appropriate funding agreed.
National patients referrals
The service accepts national referrals for adult men and women suffering from anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, and other forms of atypical eating disorder.
We accept national referrals from any healthcare professional, subject to a cost per case contract being agreed with the relevant funder.
We also accept referrals for local patients from the North West Sector Consortium, which includes Kensington & Chelsea, Westminster, Hounslow, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, and Hillingdon.
More information about referring local patients
Referral advice for healthcare professionals
If you are unsure about whether a referral is appropriate, need to discuss a referral, or require urgent advice, talk to Dr Frances Connan or another senior member of the team: telephone 020 3315 2104 or email email@example.com.
We will be happy to discuss or advise about risk assessment and management, appropriateness of referral to our service and to collaborate in developing the most appropriate care package for your patient.
For advice on funding arrangements, telephone us on 020 3315 2104.
Please send referrals to:
Dr Frances Connan, Consultant Psychiatrist
Fax number: 020 3315 2280
We will respond to referrals within one working day.
We are able to offer emergency admission if indicated by markers of clinical risk. Whenever possible, an assessment is offered prior to admission (outreach if necessary), but in extremis, admission can be offered without prior assessment.
Collaborative care with local services and support networks
We pride ourselves on forming and maintaining excellent communication with referrers and local services, providing: