Side Menu ☰
- Why CNWL
- What staff say
- What we offer
- Education, development and training
- Health and wellbeing
- Help with accommodation
- Discount and offers
- Local benefits
- Rewarding our staff
- NHS Benefits
- Recruitment Process
- Career Path
- Current Opportunities
- Temporary Work
- BME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic) Network
- LGBT+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and other sexual and gender minorities) and LGBT+ Allies Staff Network
- Carers at Work Network
- Disabled Employees Network
- Lived Experience of Mental Health Staff Network.
- Our quarterly member's magazine: there are many ways to learn about news and developments at CNWL and our magazine Body and Mind is one way to find out more. It's also a great way to learn more about us, our services and what we offer. Through the magazine and the news page on our website, we publish regular stories about the great work our staff do
- Invites to exclusive member's events. These might range from seminars on a range of health topics to open evenings where you get to listen to some of our medical experts
- A chance to have your say by taking part in surveys about the Trust or letting the Trust Governors, who represent members, know your views
- The opportunity to vote in elections for the Governors and even stand for election yourself.
We have many local benefits that staff can take advantage of including interest-free season ticket loans, buying and selling annual leave and free membership to our staff networks.
Interest-free season ticket loans
All CNWL staff can apply for an annual interest free standard season ticket loan if their contract of employment or external funding is for a period which exceeds the expiry date of the ticket (a minimum of 12 months) and their net monthly pay is sufficient to cover the deduction of the loan.
Season ticket loans are paid through the monthly payroll. Once the season ticket loan is given, it will be deducted in ten equal instalments commencing in the month in which the loan is issued.
Your annual leave entitlement is linked to your entire NHS service anywhere and at any level, not just at CNWL.
If you are new to the NHS, you will receive 27 days annual leave per year. This will increase to 29 days after five years of NHS service and to 33 days after ten years of service.
Buying and selling annual leave
We offer our staff the opportunity to 'buy' or 'sell' up to a maximum of five working days annual leave per year. Your salary would then increase or decrease according to the number of days bought or sold in the year.
Staff are able to access credit union services with a salary savings scheme allowing you to have saving payments deducted directly from your salary. They also offer low cost loans.
For more information, please visit the Credit Union website.
We value diversity in our workforce. We have a range of staff networks that Trust staff can join. These include:
If you already work for the Trust you can find out more about how to join a network by contacting the Equalities and Diversity Team through the staff intranet portal, Trustnet.
Work for CNWL Bank and get paid weekly
You will receive weekly payments for any Bank shifts or overtime you complete within any of our services across the Trust.
As a Foundation Trust when you begin work, you automatically become a member of the Trust. This entitles you to the following benefits:
As part of CNWL's excellent rewards package, a Golden Hello is offered to recruit and retain high calibre staff to some roles in certain areas. The amount paid is 10 per cent of gross annual pay (excluding High Cost Area Supplement) to a maximum of £2,500 for a full time post (pro-rata for a part time post).