The team consists of therapists who usually meet with families in children’s centres within Kensington & Chelsea and Westminster. Families can also be seen in their local clinic if this is more convenient for them. Sessions are also available remotely, by phone or video.
Many children will have difficulties as part of ordinary development, but if problems start to take over everyday life, or parents feel they are not enjoying parenting, or struggling to parent their child, then they may find it helpful to speak to someone from the Under 5s Service.
Children in Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster who may experience:
- Difficulties sleeping
- Being over clingy
- Any other relationship difficulties
- Having problems with bed wetting or soiling
- Excessive temper tantrums
- Eating issues
- Being withdrawn or non-communicative.
- Other difficulties related to trauma
Consultation for parents or professionals:
A space to think how to support the emotional development of under five year olds.
Joint sessions with parents and their child to support positive relationships, help parents understand how the world appears from their child’s perspective, or address any other concerns parents may have.
Helping parents to access other services that could be helpful
Referral forms can be requested from email@example.com
You can also get in touch by contacting your local CAMHS and asking for a member of the Under 5s team:
Our therapists usually see families at children’s centres across Kensington & Chelsea and Westminster. Parents can ask to meet the Under 5s therapist by talking to the children’s centre staff or they can approach our therapists directly.
You can find us in these centres:
- Bessborough Family Hub (Westminster) Tel: 020 7641 5923
- Portman Early Childhood Centre (Westminster) Tel: 020 7641 5436
- South Family Hub Children’s Centre, Cheyne Children’s Centre (Kensington & Chelsea) Tel: 020 7349 1650
- North Hub Children’s Centre, Holmfield House (Kensington & Chelsea) Tel: 020 7938 8400
If you need help in a crisis, please do the following
- Contact the CNWL service looking after you during their office hours
- If the crisis is during when your service is closed, there are alternative options provided by the NHS found on this page.
- If you are not already being looked after by CNWL or elsewhere within the NHS, see your GP during normal working hours as they can then refer you to a local service.
Find your closest GP on NHS Choices.