Collingham Child and Family Centre is a nationally commissioned service and can accept referrals from local outpatient child mental health teams (CAMHS) across the UK.
Children between age five and 13 are admitted for assessment and treatment for complex mental health problems including:
- Eating disorders
- Affective disorders
- Developmental disorders
- Anxiety and emotional disorders
- Neuro-developmental disorders
- Obsessive compulsive disorders
- Self-harm and emotional regulation disorders
- Primary diagnosis of mental health with co-morbid learning disability
The service also considers cases, where there are severe and complex emotional and behavioural difficulties when there are concerns about safety and cases requiring specialist advice about education and care needs.
Referrals usually occur for three main reasons:
- The child’s condition is deteriorating or failing to improve significantly despite appropriate outpatient management.
- There is a need for intensive observation, care and assessment or treatment in the community is not appropriate.
- When multiple assessment and treatment interventions are required in parallel.
Local outpatient CAMHS can make a referral to Collingham Child and Family Centre by telephoning the referral team on 020 7361 7940. In addition, CAMHS professionals can complete our referral form.
We are always happy to discuss potential referrals on a case-by-case basis.