Milton Keynes Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) is a free, confidential NHS service providing psychological treatment for depression and anxiety disorders. The service offer treatments such as:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) delivered either face-to-face or online
- Guided self-help
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Counselling for Depression
- Workshops to help you deal with stress, worry, panic and other common mental health problems
- Telephone sessions for ease of therapy in your own home.
The service is to support people who are:
- Suffering with Depression or Anxiety Disorders who do not have an enduring mental illness
- Are over the age of 18
- Are a resident of Milton Keynes or registered with a general practitioner (GP) in Milton Keynes.
Further to a referral you will be placed on a waiting list for psychological treatment and this will be confirmed in writing with you and your GP. Waiting times vary although they can be anything up to 18 weeks.
Generally, most people will complete their course of treatment and find that they are feeling significantly better. You will then be discharged and given the opportunity to provide feedback which will help us to shape and develop this service.
Appointments are usually between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. However, evening appointments will be provided where possible.
The service operates across a number of Trust locations across Milton Keynes, but to reach the main office:
|7||Milton Keynes Central (London North Western)|