Changes we have made as a result of your feedback
Thanks to feedback and suggestions from patients, carers and members of the public, we are:
- Changing the way that mental health services are delivered so that the patient has more say over their care plan.
- Bringing in a new approach called Open Dialogue
- Making it easier for people to access advice on benefits, housing and employment
- Improving access to psychological therapy
- Improving the quality of physical health checks and physical health care
- Improving safety across the organisation for patients, staff and visitors
- Making it easier for people to involve their unpaid carers in care and treatment discussions
To find out more about how patient views are shaping services, watch this short video.
Want to get involved in CNWL yourself? We’d love to hear from you - please visit this page to find out more
We want you to have your say about our services because that lets us continually raise our standards and provide services that you want to use.
There are many ways to get involved. You can participate in the way that the organisation is run by commenting on a consultation, or becoming a member or governor or simply give us your feedback using our feedback surveys.
Find out more about preparation for consultation on acute mental health care of Westminster, Kensington & Chelsea, and Brent on this page
You can also feedback using the links below