We offer services for all ages
You'll need to talk to your GP to use some mental health services. This is known as a GP referral. Your GP can also talk to you about your mental health and help introduce you to the right mental health service for your needs. Some of our services you can refer yourself to directly such as NHS Talking Therapies for anxiety and depression or you can access support anytime from a free, safe anomynous online mental health community.
See the overview of services available below. Need help urgently? Call our 24 hour mental health line (Single Point of Access)
Services for Children
- Need urgent help with your mental health click here
- Need help with emotional, behavioural or relationship difficulties or is your child finding it hard to cope with family, school life or the wider world. Find out about our child and adolescent mental health services here
- Need help with psychological distress from a suspected or diagnosed eating disorder visit our Eating Disorder Service page
- Support from a safe, online mental health community with Kooth
In some boroughs you will need to be 16+ or 18+ to access these services below (look up the service in your borough for details)
- Need help coping with a crisis or mental health distress contact The Coves
- Talking Therapies for anxiety and depression: You can self-refer or ask a GP to refer you to our services for those struggling with low mood, bereavement, sleep difficulties and other conditions that impact on your day to day life.
Everyone is different, so the help they need will be different too. Good mental health allows us to live life in a positive and meaningful way. It helps us to work or study to our full potential, cope with day-to-day life stresses and be involved in the community.
Visit our Young Adults (16 to 25 year olds) mental health and wellbeing space
We provide a wide range of clinical services for people with mental health and/or substance misuse problems.
- Need urgent help with a mental health crisis: contact our 24/7 Single Point of Access Line
- Need support from a safe, online community: Access support 24/7 whenever you need to talk to someone through Kooth
- Need help coping with a crisis or mental health distress: The Coves
- Need help with your emotional wellbeing: Talking Therapies for anxiety and depression.
- Specialist services depending on your needs such as Perinatal Mental Health and Maternity Trauma Loss services
- Learning Disability services for those with a disability and mental health condition. Search for a service in your borough using the service finder below
- Need help with an addiction that is affecting your wellbeing, such as addiction to gambling, gaming, alcohol, drugs, smoking, vaping and other addictions.
- Looking for emotional and practical support to improve your mental health and wellbeing: Recovery College
- Inpatient care for those in need of support for severe mental health difficulties or a mental health crisis
- Community care where someone receives support in their own home or setting outside of hospital or a mental health unit. Our Home Treatment and Community Teams support patients to live well out of hospital. Contact our Single Point of Access Team if you or a family member need support in a crisis.
Alongside the services above we also offer specialist services for those aged 65 years and over
- Psychiatric Liaison for Older Adults who are inpatients in our mental health services
- Memory services - These services assess people with memory problems so that we can detect if they have the symptoms of dementia. Early diagnosis enables people to take advantage of new treatments to slow the onset of the condition, to plan their care and maintain a higher quality of life. Search for a service in your borough using the service finder below
Search our mental health services...
Latest mental health news
BLMK Mental Health Summit: Calling all those with lived experience
Posted on 2 March 2023