Located at the bottom of every page is our accessibility toolbar, labelled 'show accessibility tools'.
Click on the toolbar to toggle various accessible options, including:
- Text size
- Google translate. (We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the translation)
Images on our website have alternative text attributes (alt text). This means when an image is used on a webpage to convey information its content is also described in the alt text. Therefore, the image can be understood by text browsers and assistive technologies such as screen readers.
If an image is used for simply decorative purposes, the text attribute for the image is left empty in line with accepted best practice.
The Accessible Information Standard is a national standard for all NHS and social care provider borne out of equalities legislation. The standard aims to make sure that disabled people have access to information that they can understand and any communication support they might need from 31 July 2016.
At CNWL we are committed to supporting our patients and service users which means we:
- Ask our patients or service users if they have any information or communication needs, and find out how to meet their needs.
- Record those needs.
- Highlight the patient or service users health record so it is clear that they have information or communication needs, and clearly explain how those needs should be met
- Share information about a patient or service users needs with other NHS and adult social care providers, when they have consent or permission to do so
- Make sure that our patients get information in an accessible way and communication support if they need it.
We will provide information in different formats such as Large print, Braille, Easy Read or via email. To support our patients or service users communication needs we offer support from a British Sign Language (BSL)/Makaton interpreter, deafblind manual interpreter or an advocate.
More general information on the Accessible Information Standard can be found on the NHS England website.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like any further information